2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Going to be saucy at the Hump and Thrasher today... doing SE 15 plus easy right now.

Gypsea Drifter out here off Spanish banks right new with a boat load of new Canadians poaching everybody's traps.

Called the DFO observe report line. They took all the info but said they probably would not get someone there right away. Told them they could find them in the same spot next weekend.

Called the DFO observe report line. They took all the info but said they probably would not get someone there right away. Told them they could find them in the same spot next weekend.
Did you actually watch them pull a bunch of traps? I wish I was out there I'd go "observe" the **** out of them.

Searching for our last fish now. Have hooked into 15...3 bonked and a nicer quality lost at the boat. Lots of unders.

Just deployed the Hawkins Cheezies looking for a nice one.

Seems like it's finally slowing down across the straight and the large numbers of legal fish have moved
On. Guide friend went across this AM and was much slower fishing. I'll be out around Bowen tomorrow.

Cheers

Still lots there...you just have to get on them. 2 guides with 8 each in the tub already halfway back across the Strait well in advance of end of charter.

Fish everywhere! Cape Roger Curtis kept me busy. Lots of undersize. 7 undersized to every legal. hit 20 fish in three hours. Those underside will be legal in a month the way they are feeding.

Ran across to thrasher around 8am, limits(4) in couple hours with plenty keepers released. Little lumpy but stayed dry. Chovys 130-160' working well fishing in fairly tight(200-400'). Size average down for me since fishing Friday.

Could not get our 4th keeper.....But after wading thru tons, I am pretty sure I can ID a 63-64cm fish 20' from the boat and still in the water. A pile of just unders.

Bonked a larger white, a marbled and a crimson red. Wish we got over there earlier as the bite was great til noon or so and then turned off.

Back