2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishin_magician

Welcome to 2023! Reports and Vancouver Fishing BS for all!

Attachments

• 4D8C8FF3-68BF-4142-9A63-457AAB16B032.jpeg
    4D8C8FF3-68BF-4142-9A63-457AAB16B032.jpeg
    317 KB · Views: 132
First (reported) fish of the year! A fat, red, bright, chrome hatch feeder. Fish was caught at West Bowen in 180 feet of water, 210 on the rigger, 18lb balls, two hours before high slack, fishing against the tide doing 2.2MPH SOG. This beauty Chinook was fooled by my glow white hoochie with a touch of green on the head and a krinkly insert inside, finshed off with a bead chain to a 3/0 Gamakatsu Big River Bait hook. 36" 40 lb mono leader with an overhand knot, clipped to a Gibbs Guide Series Lemon Lime flasher. Both the flasher and hoochie covered in Pro Cure Herring Super Gel. The espar was broken so there was little respite from the 10 knot brisk outflow wind making the 6 degree temps seem much colder. The salmon went on several long runs punching way above it's estimated 12lb weight class. After doing several turns to bring the feisty beast abeam to the boat, it was quickly scooped up in our Gibbs catch and release net. We celebrated with high fives and my signature "fu** yeah!" Pressure was maintained flawlessly with the blue Islander MR3 reel (spooled with braid and a mono top shot) on a Trophy Titan 3106 rod. Finshed off the day with a haul of prawns and nice hard dungees. Twas a fantastic start to our (limited) 2023 season. Love you all, now go catch some fish!!!
20230101_101248.jpg20230101_110022.jpgResized_IMG_29291.jpgScreenshot_20230102_163030_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230102_162959_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230102_162921_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230102_164541_Google.jpg20230101_141414.jpg

First (reported) fish of the year! A fat, red, bright, chrome hatch feeder. Fish was caught at West Bowen in 180 feet of water, 210 on the rigger, 18lb balls, two hours before high slack, fishing against the tide doing 2.2MPH SOG. This beauty Chinook was fooled by my glow white hoochie with a touch of green on the head and a krinkly insert inside, finshed off with a bead chain to a 3/0 Gamakatsu Big River Bait hook. 36" 40 lb mono leader with an overhand knot, clipped to a Gibbs Guide Series Lemon Lime flasher. Both the flasher and hoochie covered in Pro Cure Herring Super Gel. The espar was broken so there was little respite from the 10 knot brisk outflow wind making the 6 degree temps seem much colder. The salmon went on several long runs punching way above it's estimated 12lb weight class. After doing several turns to bring the feisty beast abeam to the boat, it was quickly scooped up in our Gibbs catch and release net. We celebrated with high fives and my signature "fu** yeah!" Pressure was maintained flawlessly with the blue Islander MR3 reel (spooled with braid and a mono top shot) on a Trophy Titan 3106 rod. Finshed off the day with a haul of prawns and nice hard dungees. Twas a fantastic start to our (limited) 2023 season. Love you all, now go catch some fish!!!
View attachment 88102View attachment 88103View attachment 88104View attachment 88105View attachment 88106View attachment 88107View attachment 88108View attachment 88109
Dude you gave a pic of your net 😂

View attachment 88102View attachment 88103View attachment 88104View attachment 88105View attachment 88106View attachment 88107View attachment 88108View attachment 88109
just ordered all of the above gear! Can’t wait to try it… when did you sign your new deal with sponsors?

seems like hootchies been doing really well this season so far i got a nice 70 cm hatchery spring on a white flash fly om saturday and release 8 unders as well couple were close at 60 cm which we released

What do you mean no Espar? How barbaric!

no coordinates??? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back