2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving the Mesquito Creek tomorrow afternoon for Silva Bay. Staying at Pages Friday and Sat night... Hoping for a repeat of May long... Solid fishing and a little sunshine!

Finger it is Hookin Up!!
LOL right on! carefull I may return the favor
see ya over there, catch me if you can
what dock are you on at MCM I'll have to watch for you

Last edited by a moderator:
FM,
you gonna be out or what I think we need to gang up on ya and show you how its done:p

Get out and fish. If you are doing things right, you should have no problem putting a few in the box.

Spoons and Hoochies. 120-170 feet.

It's no secret....Gabriola- Snake- Entrance.

Lurkers, Lookie Lou's....get out and fish!

Last edited by a moderator:
ah your just a few down from my old boat then, I had to move to C dock
Good luck tomorrow, save me a couple for Saturday will ya

went out last weekend after being on the west coast(mid week), my brother and i headed out saturday to the hump , stared around 1030 to capitalize on mid day slack at 1245 we got a pin popper and it didnt look like much till it surfaced, seen the boat and did this most amazing porpoise style jump, then sounded to 100 feet, 5 minutes later my brother and i netted a mid 20 s red, hooks fell out at netting and also one was bent, only bite of day.

New wind forcast for Sunday: 5 to 15 knots. Yippeeeeeeeeee? :)

went out last weekend after being on the west coast(mid week), my brother and i headed out saturday to the hump , stared around 1030 to capitalize on mid day slack at 1245 we got a pin popper and it didnt look like much till it surfaced, seen the boat and did this most amazing porpoise style jump, then sounded to 100 feet, 5 minutes later my brother and i netted a mid 20 s red, hooks fell out at netting and also one was bent, only bite of day.

Nice! What'd you get it on?

FM,
you gonna be out or what I think we need to gang up on ya and show you how its done:p

Sure...I'll be on either a 33' or 38'.

Tight lines bud!

I'll be fishing closer to Porlier than Thrasher this weekend and will try to post a few reel-time updates if reception permits. Hopefully we get some nice weather and minimal wind. tight lines!

Silva Bay is very close by and has marinas and gas etc.

Silva Bay is very close by and has marinas and gas etc.

Well, here's a first hand report. Fished the Hump, not much happening this morning.

Talked to guide buddy fishing Thrasher-Grande....relatively quiet compared to past days but a few around....a few in the box.

Phone Call to buddy fishing Five Fingers and it was ON FIRE...as in couldn't keep them off....sigh....

Where you heading Canso?

Thrasher May 31st. boxed a 17lb around 9am on small chovy at 120', 2 undersize on a spoon, nothing after 10am.
Stopped at the hump on the way home. Fished for 2hours no fish or boats around.

Next trip Sunday or Monday thrasher or fingers, looking for more reports.

Fishing off the flat tops right now,slow for us but I heard this morning was good. Will be staying at pages tonight and tomorrow.

Fishing off the flat tops right now,slow for us but I heard this morning was good. Will be staying at pages tonight and tomorrow.
Hey Dave
Rich and I will be joining you in the morning sometime, save us a couple will ya
Tim

Today Coho Pt was the best it has been in years. Limits were hit in 30 mins. Had 4 in the tub and released 12. Must have seen 40 fish caught tonight. Anything you put down worked. An amazing night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back