2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today Coho Pt was the best it has been in years. Limits were hit in 30 mins. Had 4 in the tub and released 12. Must have seen 40 fish caught tonight. Anything you put down worked. An amazing night.

is that north of Flat tops???? where's coho pt?

I suspect he's talking about texada island as he is from powell river, or maybe he's in haida gwaii fishing langara, lol.

cheers nicnat

Yeah it's off Texada it's called kiddie point locals call it coho point. Fishing has been great for a few weeks saw 2 Tyee's landed tonight.

and not a sniff at gower pt ---salmon rock Gibsons
but a flat clam night on the water even had a small group of dolphins come by me
pulled all in sundry 65'-120' hootcie , spoon's, bait
did not even mark any bait on the sounder

oh well till sunday hope some of them Powell River fish come down this side ....lol

going out sunday, what tide do you guys prefer for fishing the hump??? haven't heard of anything happening there though, might run to Defence islands or just fish the freighters as I've heard of a few being caught in there

Got over to gulf islands last night and picked up a nice wild 13# spring just outside active pass in my 45 minute fishing window before dinner.

Been fishing along east side of Galiano today for a coupe hrs and missed one while tying up another setup and just lost one while thinking to myself how I've been on a good run of landing fish. Was planning in heading in for lunch but now I have to stay until I boat one.

Fished the hump yesterday, nothing but wads of seaweed on the flashers amd one shaker north of rodger curtis
Did well the previous two weekends on anchovies around 90- 110 ft
A friend caught a nice 17 lb around noon at the hump

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of making my first ever run out to the island from lions bay for some trolling,
Where should I try?

Wow. Shallow at Grande outfront Silva bay was crazy this morning and early afternoon. Full report in the Nanaimo thread later tonight...finally....it was nuts guys!! Out here right now and its still on...

Great morning 3 in the boat by 8am. I'm sad to say I did lose 2 as well. 6 fish in the tub in my last 2 trips its great fun. Today was 20, 17, 12 off east side of Texada

Headed over to Thrasher later in the AM-took one Spring about 10# on a Blue Mirror Flasher and Glo/Green Michigan Stinger spoon-not much else apart from multiple shakers and some stupidly strong currents that made fishing interesting.

Ride over was fabulous and coming back went through the ugliest debris field I've ever seen Thank God it was calm-weather overall was amazing.

Lotsa Crabs off the Fraser-some of the biggest I've ever seen locally and are they aggressive!!

Anyone fished near Vancouver lately??? heading out locally early tomorrow morning, it seems like this thread is more about Thrasher/Nanaimo/Gabriola area than Vancouver these days! Still deciding where to fish, if it's choppy I will be ripping up to Defence Islands or Seymour Bay, if it's calm I'll probably try the hump.. cheers eh

To liquidGuides01: fished south end of lasqueti this am. Super hot! 5 for 5 in two hrs! 22,20,18,16,and 13!!image.jpgimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back