2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

The guys I'm talking about also make good money, one in particular has been on my poo poo list for 3 years since after all the free trips he got with crabs and prawns etc. he goes on a couple of charters on the west coast and brags about a freezer full of halibut. Never offered me a even a little steak. :(
See now thats just not right, total BS, you sould have been the first to come to mind.

$100. round trip. Diesel, single motor, dual prop. 21 knots and a place to tie up for the night in the islands. See you guys at thrasher on the weekend. East of the rock on the low tide, N/W on the high. 126' on the 150' contour.
watch that eastern side, Regs have changed.

Its funny that 100' make a difference, how do you tell where the magic line is in real life?

$100. round trip. Diesel, single motor, dual prop. 21 knots and a place to tie up for the night in the islands. See you guys at thrasher on the weekend. East of the rock on the low tide, N/W on the high. 126' on the 150' contour.

Nice set up, diesel with dual prop is a lot of money new and real tough to find used. Look at the newest weather it sucks! Calling for 20 knot winds in Straight from southeast, no way I'm crossing if thats the case. Monday looks good now.

Its funny that 100' make a difference, how do you tell where the magic line is in real life?
Heres how area 29 lays regs changed for 29-4, 29-5 only one over 67" min size is 62
area29.jpg
and here are the boundaries for
area17.jpg

If you can stand the smell of the "sunshine breakfast" do like me, follow the Nanaimo ferry across during a S/W wind.

Its funny how people think our boats run on thanks... I tell my buddys a price before they get on board so Im fortunate that it is never an issue,they know the value and not only that they know what Ive spent to get my set up 60,000 so they don't even think of cheeping out on me or they walk the plank and will never see my boat again.

Back to the fishing really looking forward to fishing sunday 1st day out just tied up the boat yesterday its ready to rock!!!!!! The name of my boat is horned frog Illl be on 88a like the rest of the gang,24ft grady have some flags on my antennas good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!

Tight lines
Billydoo

At thrasher from 10:30-2:30. Nothing. Didn't see any fish caught. Bite was early 9ish.

Most of the time N/E of the marker. The fish are in deep water. Just look for the fleet. Any reports from the hump?

whos out tomorrow,
looks like the winds are favorable again
I'll be out with GoGreen in my boat
give us a wave or a finger if you preferr
see ya out there

whos out tomorrow,
see ya out there

our crew is trying to put it together for tommrrow....will know later if its a go..

going thrasher or the hump?

Was out today. And will be out again tomorrow. Got a 12lb on a anchovy @ 90' and lost another at the boat shortly after. That was it for us. Did well on crab of Jericho.

Siya tomorrow

whos out tomorrow,
see ya out there

Guide boats confirm that Thrasher (and heading North 1-2 km) lit up today. One boat landed 5 in first 2 hours. Th fish are in deep water from 80-140 ft in 1100+ft of water.

Most of the time N/E of the marker. The fish are in deep water. Just look for the fleet. Any reports from the hump?

Went over to thrasher today

Five fish on. Lost first. Gutted second and third. Just fishing for fun now. Next get double header. Lost first. Then other rods sings. Brought another high teens to boat but released for another day. All on white hootchies. 4 hits at 88' and one at 78'. Deep water 350' to 850'.

Water conditions good Great weather too

Tied up at silva bay for the night.
Worth the trip today. Fishing tomorrow Morning.

Eastpoint.

I'll be launching at Mcdonald Beach...hopefully early. Probably decide AM where to go but leaning towards Thrasher.

Good luck everybody!

Five fish on. Lost first. Gutted second and third. Just fishing for fun now. Next get double header. Lost first. Then other rods sings. Brought another high teens to boat but released for another day. All on white hootchies. 4 hits at 88' and one at 78'. Deep water 350' to 850'.

Water conditions good Great weather too

Tied up at silva bay for the night.
Worth the trip today. Fishing tomorrow Morning.

Eastpoint.

Thanks for the great report EP ! AND LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY , GOOD ON YOU DUDE !

Your making it a tough decision to fish thrasher or follow Blackmax around the hump . Hmmmmm
I sent you a PM earlier today, nice to hear from you on the VHF this am.

Clint
PS ; Hope you have a better day tommorow !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back