2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

We also get this little change for Thasher area brought to you by our good friends at DFO

Effective immediately until 23:59 hours June 15, 2012 the daily limit is two
(2) chinook salmon per day of which only one (1) chinook may be greater than 67
cm. The minimum size limit in these areas is 62cm.

We also get this little change for Thasher area brought to you by our good friends at DFO

What? Now that ruins it for going over for 1 fish,I could probobly pull that off here. How is this going to effect the guides now as clients will likely only keep one? Has anyone plotted the co-ordinates to see exactly where? What also is stupid will be all the dead fish from inexperienced anglers trying to get a measurement. Sheesh.

Hey Revenge where did you find that,
I just checked for area 17 and 29 off shore and dont see it listed . I see east of thrasher more Galiano way that may apply 29-4 and 29-5
so stay west of thrasher

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Clint, I run 6' most of the time and I run rod length from release clip to the flasher and troll at 2.3 to 2.5 most of the time. Used to run way longer from clip to flasher until Gary and Terri from Bonnie told me to shorten it up, I then started catching salmon. I may head to the other side for Monday Tuesday as well. I would go this weekend but I entered the derby on Sunday. Only like to run across for over night trips and fish a few days to make it worth it.

Thanks for info and GL in derby.
Great maybe bump into you M/T , I am considering staying over there for the night to but not sure yet and it looks like is could be a nice couple of days hope the wind stays down !

ya i should have been more clear on that sorry from thrasher down along Valdes direction was what i was talking about. Sorry for the screw up

Weather looks nice for Sunday but also the tides are massive. Thinking of heading out for the low tide. Any tips or tricks to fishing when the tide current is ripping like it will be on Sunday? Times in the past I've fished Thrasher when the tide was fast and not caught anything.

Dock floating out by the hump

You got that right Tim !
Some one saw a piece of floating dock out there Monday , so gotta watch thats for sure !
Keep it safe !
Clint

Yep, that was me. I snapped a couple pics of it too.

Attachments

• Floating Dock 1.jpg
    Floating Dock 1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Floating Dock 2.jpg
    Floating Dock 2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 96
Wow, I can do it for about about $160 from McDonald Beach and back, sure would help if certain people would pitch in for fuel. I've started going out on my own more now and getting to keep more fish as well as losing way less gear. :)

Fuel is a killer $200+, synth oil in twins $40,ramp parking fees $30, insurance $40 month, Seatow membership $120 yr, maintenance $300 yr, gas for my tow vehicle $30.:( I only run a 22 ft boat with twins. For some weird reason even closest friends get a big dose of CHEEP.When I fish on my other friends boats since I know how much it costs to run, I INSIST on chipping in, bring all the food and beverages sparing no expense. Last summer my boat fuel bill alone was $1000 month.:eek: Eventually the boat trips drop off for cheep friends

Im thinking that the fishies will be ravenous round about lunch time
4786.jpg
Weather looks nice for Sunday but also the tides are massive. Thinking of heading out for the low tide. Any tips or tricks to fishing when the tide current is ripping like it will be on Sunday? Times in the past I've fished Thrasher when the tide was fast and not caught anything.

Fuel is a killer $200+, synth oil in twins $40,ramp parking fees $30, insurance $40 month, Seatow membership $120 yr, maintenance $300 yr, gas for my tow vehicle $30.:( I only run a 22 ft boat with twins. For some weird reason even closest friends get a big dose of CHEEP.When I fish on my other friends boats since I know how much it costs to run, I INSIST on chipping in, bring all the food and beverages sparing no expense. Last summer my boat fuel bill alone was $1000 month.:eek: Eventually the boat trips drop off for cheep friends

Yeah I hear ya. It took my regular fishing buddies a few seasons before they started chipping in significantly. For me it's 80-100 liters of fuel roundtrip for a trip to Thrasher from McDonald park. I fill up my tanks in Mission on my way out and save about 25c per liter of marine gas cost so that helps.

Yeah I hear ya. It took my regular fishing buddies a few seasons before they started chipping in significantly. For me it's 80-100 liters of fuel roundtrip for a trip to Thrasher from McDonald park. I fill up my tanks in Mission on my way out and save about 25c per liter of marine gas cost so that helps.

Seems to be a popular topic now that fuel is up again lol What about bait costs and all the other little things we forget about? Then you take a guy out and you might only boat one fish,if you are like me you give it to the cheap ******* and go home empty handed and pissed off. lol

I am one of the "friends" that have to suck up to get a fishing trip with my boat owning friends. I make sure I pay very well for gas/ gear/ booze/ food ect. I don't know if "friends" really appreciate all that is involved, but I sure do and thank all you boat owners PROFUSELY for their generosity and friendship!! (sometimes $$= thanks)..

Cheers.

Seems to be a popular topic now that fuel is up again lol What about bait costs and all the other little things we forget about? Then you take a guy out and you might only boat one fish,if you are like me you give it to the cheap ******* and go home empty handed and pissed off. lol

I found a great place to moor my boat for the summer. 24' for $125/month down in Ladner, I run out the south arm, sometimes a bit of the way from the action but it has worked well for me in the past. With that price to moor, it pays for itself in two trips of hauling the boat and launch fees and everything else, really handy to peel down for a quick set and fish after work.

Getbent

I am one of the "friends" that have to suck up to get a fishing trip with my boat owning friends. I make sure I pay very well for gas/ gear/ booze/ food ect. I don't know if "friends" really appreciate all that is involved, but I sure do and thank all you boat owners PROFUSELY for their generosity and friendship!! (sometimes $$= thanks)..

Cheers.

x2 !!

Cheers.

The guys I'm talking about also make good money, one in particular has been on my poo poo list for 3 years since after all the free trips he got with crabs and prawns etc. he goes on a couple of charters on the west coast and brags about a freezer full of halibut. Never offered me a even a little steak. :(

$100. round trip. Diesel, single motor, dual prop. 21 knots and a place to tie up for the night in the islands. See you guys at thrasher on the weekend. East of the rock on the low tide, N/W on the high. 126' on the 150' contour.

Back