2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Bites are slow but they are starting to show!

The "news" is going to spill out over the next few days....next weekend is going to be ROCKIN' for those of us on this forum who have Monday to Friday jobs....ACK.......I can't wait!

The "news" is going to spill out over the next few days....next weekend is going to be ROCKIN' for those of us on this forum who have Monday to Friday jobs....ACK.......I can't wait!
HHmmm, whatever could you mean FM,
oh and by the way thanks for your help today with the bags;)
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

God I hope my boat is done in time...this waiting is killing me.

Thanks for the reports boy"s

Yeah FM disappear ;)....LOL See yah soon...

Getbent

Had a sweet day on the water Sunday,calm waters and fish that were hungry. Put 3 fish in the boat, a 10 ,13 and 17 lbs. The two smaller ones were marbled and the 17 was a white. All the fish were caught on 6-7 inch herring using spackle back green teaser and chartreuse teaser heads between 70 and 40 feet. The hits were also all on my wife's side with the braid so I will be switching my side out. Was rad to watch my wife reel in the first fish with our baby Nakai strapped to here back in a carrier, also felt good to get the skunk off board. One boat had a triple and two missed hits all with in a short period of each other, he was pretty stoked. Put a crab trap down with no bait and caught 4 big keepers lol. Oh, all the fish were hooked between QA and start of the hump for us. See you out there Thursday.

Nice day got one 16lber @ 126 ft on a army truck hootchie.... I guess its the northern end of the hump, about a mile or 2 south of Rodger curtis anyway. My buddy in his boat trolling beside me got a 15lber an hour before me same place on a black and white hootchie @ 100 ft on the rigger. This was in the afternoon about 5:00 pm........Finally some blood in the boat ha ha

Tks for reports hoping to get out today later or tues .
Just thnking and wondering where the reds are ?
Love any salmon hit but like the red taste better.
Again great to see and hear, GL to all

Tks for reports hoping to get out today later or tues .
Just thnking and wondering where the reds are ?
Love any salmon hit but like the red taste better.
Again great to see and hear, GL to all
they're all mixed in together, reds, marbles and whites

Hey Kristo,

How deep ?
What were you useing (kind of spoons) ?
Cop car spoon 120ft on the rigger
22lbs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dmurph..........Good day out there on Sunday............... but no Bait in the crab trap ...and 4 keepers?????

Had a sweet day on the water Sunday,calm waters and fish that were hungry. Put 3 fish in the boat, a 10 ,13 and 17 lbs. The two smaller ones were marbled and the 17 was a white. All the fish were caught on 6-7 inch herring using spackle back green teaser and chartreuse teaser heads between 70 and 40 feet. The hits were also all on my wife's side with the braid so I will be switching my side out. Was rad to watch my wife reel in the first fish with our baby Nakai strapped to here back in a carrier, also felt good to get the skunk off board. One boat had a triple and two missed hits all with in a short period of each other, he was pretty stoked. Put a crab trap down with no bait and caught 4 big keepers lol. Oh, all the fish were hooked between QA and start of the hump for us. See you out there Thursday.

First time post here, and I have to say awesome forum!

I have been following for a while and now that I have something to contribute which Finished Buisiness relayed yesterday...april 29 8:00am 15 pounder 110 ft on glow/black tko, shaker at 3pm just when I had to call it quits, both hits on low rod, top rod 55-90 ft didnt twitch all day...only 2 bites of the day...both off south bowen

good reports guys!

Matt

Well, I braved the wind and waves today and fished the hump. All I got out of it was a sore back in 4 hours this after noon (2:30-6:30). Ran cop cars at 65, 85 and 115 but no takers.

Tons of debris in the water out there, stumps, logs, trees even a loose section of a dock floating out there. Keep your eyes open.

Cheers

First time post here, and I have to say awesome forum!

I have been following for a while and now that I have something to contribute which Finished Buisiness relayed yesterday...april 29 8:00am 15 pounder 110 ft on glow/black tko, shaker at 3pm just when I had to call it quits, both hits on low rod, top rod 55-90 ft didnt twitch all day...only 2 bites of the day...both off south bowen

good reports guys!

Matt

Hey Matt, great to have you tossing in .02 cents! Becareful this site can take a wee bit of your time! Lots of good members with tons of knowledge!

Cheers!

Well, I braved the wind and waves today and fished the hump. All I got out of it was a sore back in 4 hours this after noon (2:30-6:30). Ran cop cars at 65, 85 and 115 but no takers.

Tons of debris in the water out there, stumps, logs, trees even a loose section of a dock floating out there. Keep your eyes open.

Cheers

Same here 4 hour shift south of bowen and not a sniff but 3 crabs made the day a good one, even with green water over the top comming home

Was out today fished the Hump and QA.
It was a real ride out there lumpy and bumpy.
One hit but lost it to mother nature (tossing me around the boat like a leaf ....... ).
Didn't see anything on the fishfinder but heard a few guys talking and reported they were around the Hump catching fishe 60-90 feet , early in the morning so maybe thats the time , I was out from 11am - 6PM.
Good Luck out there hope you guys get the calm weather and fished I didnt LOL
CK

A report for Wednesday. The boat I normally fish was in the water, but I skipped to work on the project boat....to bad because it was a good day on the water!

Tapped a 17 lber off bowen @ 80' on an army truck anchovie 6' lead. Red Spring. Prawning was better than last Wed. with approx 12 lbs of bugs in the same southern bowen area...Crabbing off Jericho was again, productive.

Water had some chop in the earlier part of the day, smoothed out in the afternoon. No rain, and just the two bites, the fish at 3:30 and a touch shortly after.

-FB-

476485_397283646982686_154328547944865_66824709_389747275_o.jpg

yesterday. Decided to head across the water, north of Thrasher (waterfall?) We only landed the one above, other boats pulled a few in too but generally spotty and slow. All fish were caught between 90-135. White teaser head on chovie worked for mine above.

We heard from our guide friends that the hump has significantly improved over the last 2-3 days. Thats where I would target right now. Not worth the trip across the water yet.

Hmm looks kind of worth it!! Great fish and report. Murky all the way across it looks like! Could be the spring run-off but this year shouldnt' be as heavy as the last couple....nice bonk!

We put 5 in the boat at Grande(sp?) lost 2 more and released one under size on Tuesday all on hoochies from 70' down to 125'. Water was totaly clear tuesday lots of brown crap on the lines though . Well worth the $250 in fuel to get over there....I guess :) lol

that brown crap is horrible! Almost impossible to get it off the line and there is soo much that I could see the end eye on my rod getting plugged up when reeling. Wouldnt want that with a fish on. Anyone have a good tip on how to rip this crap off your line?

We put 5 in the boat at Grande(sp?) lost 2 more and released one under size on Tuesday all on hoochies from 70' down to 125'. Water was totaly clear tuesday lots of brown crap on the lines though . Well worth the $250 in fuel to get over there....I guess :) lol

Back