2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

on topic....Bon Chovy reports that fishing was tough yesterday. They fished all day and only got 2. They were taken deep in the frieghters but had to work hard to locate anything. I am heading out this afternoon so Ill have an update tomorrow.

I was out there yesterday. Dragged some lines around QA for a few hours with no bites. Zipped over to Thrasher since the water was nice. Nothing in 4 hours but an eager ling when I bounced bottom near the reef in 100ft of water.

Washed my gear again today in English bay. Marked a few fish and some bait on the sounder but no takers. Ran anchovies with green flashers from 80 - 150 feet. Also tried some coyote cop cars for a bit. Tough fishing out there right now. Still better than working ;)

Washed my gear again today in English bay. Marked a few fish and some bait on the sounder but no takers. Ran anchovies with green flashers from 80 - 150 feet. Also tried some coyote cop cars for a bit. Tough fishing out there right now. Still better than working ;)

Just about the same report. Marked lots of bait//balls, lots of fish....not a nibble. Fished 80-160, tried anchovies, coyote, silver horde, and even a hootchie. Granted, we were in between tides (2pm-6pm). We stayed around the most western frieghter since we were seeing the fish. oh well...

Crabbing was amazing again. Full limit.

Those weren't salmon you were marking. If they were, you would have caught them.

Tried around the hump this evening from about 4 till 7 and nothing to report, seen a couple others out there but the radio was pretty quiet, nice to get on the water though. Draged spoons from 90 to 130 feet deep.

Was out in Howe Sound. Fished 9 to 3. Not a sniff. On the radio it sounded quiet off Bowen. Heard of a couple of fish and that's it.

Hey magician you should try the oldest trick in the book and disappear!
I hope that was meant to be a joke?
FM is a valued member around here and wouldnt want to see him go anywhere

Back to the topic at hand ... Fishing.

Was out this a.m. ... Started at 8am at the Bell Buoy and made one pass and saw little on the screen but heard of someone hitting a double between Passage and Cowan so I picked up and went that way. Fished a couple hours and picked up a 12 pounder and lost one of similar size. Both fish hit at 65 ft on a cop car spoon ... Fished 4 lines between 50 ft and 90 ft with TKO, KIngfisher and coyotes.

Will try again for a couple hours Sunday a.m.

First blood on the boat this year.
Ran out to the Hump this morning and dragged some spoons around.
Water was nice and flat .....temperature warm.
Went 1 for 2 .....Boxed a 22 white .....lost another solid fish.
Counted over 30 boats out there

Got a great report, friend of mine put a slab on the boat sunday 8am. 110' glow tko. Only another shaker at 3pm.....south end of bowen

15 lb on the scale, beautiful fish!

Attachments

• 15lbs_off_bowen_004.jpg
    15lbs_off_bowen_004.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 138
First blood on the boat this year.
Ran out to the Hump this morning and dragged some spoons around.
Water was nice and flat .....temperature warm.
Went 1 for 2 .....Boxed a 22 white .....lost another solid fish.
Counted over 30 boats out there

Hey Kristo,

How deep ?
What were you useing (kind of spoons) ?

Got a great report, friend of mine put a slab on the boat sunday 8am. 110' glow tko. Only another shaker at 3pm.....south end of bowen

15 lb on the scale, beautiful fish!

Make sure you turn the head in. It's a hatchery.

Word to the wise: Time to go fishing boys! Gas up, tackle up, and GO FISHING!!!!!!! Those who know me on here know EXACTLY what that means. Bravo JT on a kick butt day!

Word to the wise: Time to go fishing boys! Gas up, tackle up, and GO FISHING!!!!!!! Those who know me on here know EXACTLY what that means. Bravo JT on a kick butt day!

Bites are slow but they are starting to show!

Back