WTB something slightly lighter than a commander 30 and with outboards.

Beautiful boats but to me those are guide boats. Or for someone that owns a 10 million dollar beachfront home and that's their runabout. Just not my jam.
Plus your commander rides better in slop then those BW, one of the worst riding FG boats ever

Plus your commander rides better in slop then those BW, one of the worst riding FG boats ever
Interesting. My friend with a 2000 18 footer loves his and I love it in all weather on the inside. I’ve never been in a conquest or offshore with it but the hull design looks similar, not like the earlier montocks... We digress I would want Rain City to have a waterfront place!

Last edited:
Interesting. My friend with a 2000 18 footer loves his and love it in all weather on the inside. I’ve never been in a conquest but the hull design looks similar. We digress I would want Rain City to have a waterfront place!
Yeah, just think of the fried chicken set up he would have!

I think you'll be hard pressed to find something that ticks all your boxes and is outboards. I wouldn't count out something like a Pursuit 3000 with twin screws, way less work than i/o. But if you want to stick to the pilothouse/cabin style you'd be limited to few options. I could be persuaded to part with my Bertram 28 thats ready to be podded, only $139,000 :D. Or you could bring one up from the states for cheap and do the conversion for alot less lol.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find something that ticks all your boxes and is outboards. I wouldn't count out something like a Pursuit 3000 with twin screws, way less work than i/o. But if you want to stick to the pilothouse/cabin style you'd be limited to few options. I could be persuaded to part with my Bertram 28 thats ready to be podded, only $139,000 :D. Or you could bring one up from the states for cheap and do the conversion for alot less lol.
I can't see a pod conversion being cheap, I know some amazing guys have done it here but.... New engines for a 30 foot boat are 70k, then redoing all the steering, wiring, fuel lines and all the glass work. Sure you can pick up 15 year old engines for 30k or the odd guide upgrading for 50k but I can't see podding anything of that size for under 100k.

Dibs on the tuna seat...

Part of me feels like building a boat would be fun but shooting for 140k would more than likely lead me to 200k in no time.

The pod idea makes no sense to me for that boat,financially,or fuel economy.You love the boat as is,use and enjoy,sell when ready.Use the $100K you saved on fuel,food and booze to take your family up the coast island hopping.Find the time.You'll regret it if you don't.

The pod idea makes no sense to me for that boat,financially,or fuel economy.You love the boat as is,use and enjoy,sell when ready.Use the $100K you saved on fuel,food and booze to take your family up the coast island hopping.Find the time.You'll regret it if you don't.
I agree... I have a seaport 2200 and everyone seems to be spending $50K to pod theirs. Ill keep my factory Volvo Penta dual prop and 5.7 because its balanced for the boat, cheep to operate and works awesome. I can make my boat walk sideways with the dual prop.

this boat is gorgeous, don’t overlook this one ! add the twins and you’re laughing... Bertrams are awesome boats...
I do like it but there seems to be some questions about the quality. Such a sweet looking boat though. I would have preferred no flybridge...

I don’t know about that HA. I’ve been in a couple big whalers that cut well...
I been on 2 one bigger one with twins and a cc smaller one, it was like riding a jon boat on windy day, the newer ones might be better but the older ones suck IMO

Back