WTB something slightly lighter than a commander 30 and with outboards.

found it!

Looks like a fun boat for one of your buddies to own so you can borrow it once a year!
Nice submarine lines to the bow if you find yourself in a big short lump.

Looks like a fun boat for one of your buddies to own so you can borrow it once a year!
Nice submarine lines to the bow if you find yourself in a big short lump.
No big short lumps anywhere around here ;)

My buddy would have swamped it just last week coming in from Halibut fishing, took a few waves over the top of his Campion 542 as he came back to Victoria from Oak Bay. Took a few looks to figure out where the "Cabin" is. Why wouldn't you get the owner to fix the headliner if you were trying to sell a Florida boat with high hour engines. Even with the boating craze that one should take a while to sell?

Our boat pics are just going to make Rain City, happier and happier about his commander.

No big short lumps anywhere around here ;)

My buddy would have swamped it just last week coming in from Halibut fishing, took a few waves over the top of his Campion 542 as he came back to Victoria from Oak Bay. Took a few looks to figure out where the "Cabin" is. Why wouldn't you get the owner to fix the headliner if you were trying to sell a Florida boat with high hour engines. Even with the boating craze that one should take a while to sell?

Our boat pics are just going to make Rain City, happier and happier about his commander.
I wouldn't call 1300 hours on a 4 stroke high

If you were selling you wouldn’t if I was buying I would :)
I'd take a wild guess those engines haven't spent their life cruising around at 3500 revs. Could be wrong, maybe it's been a family picnic boat... but I doubt it. Also, older verados weren't know to be particularly long lasting.

This is a good find and probably the closest to what you’re looking for, RC. Maybe once you’re done with fixing your starter, you can call this guy and have a chat with him. This is the furthest that $110k of Canadian pesos may take you in this market.

2004 F225’s. Those Are the motors that corrode from the inside out. Nice boat tho
There must be a mechanical inspection that would give you a prognosis on the engine, I did hear to check it thoroughly you almost have to remove the power head, but someone can chime in here.

This is a good find and probably the closest to what you’re looking for, RC. Maybe once you’re done with fixing your starter, you can call this guy and have a chat with him. This is the furthest that $110k of Canadian pesos may take you in this market.
Yup RC

There must be a mechanical inspection that would give you a prognosis on the engine, I did hear to check it thoroughly you almost have to remove the power head, but someone can chime in here.

That's correct.

You can drop the lower unit and scope up the exhaust tube to check for corrosion...but those parts are replaceable (Yamaha even sells them packaged together in a kit!). The real deal breaker is the water jacket around the exhaust port on the underside of the engine block where it mates up to the exhaust tube for the leg. The water jacket can corrode around here and then the engine goes boom. You have to pull the powerhead to inspect this area.

All Yamaha 3.3L motors are vulnerable to this, but it seems like it was mostly confined to the early years of the F225 (ie 2006 and earlier)

2004 F225’s. Those Are the motors that corrode from the inside out. Nice boat tho
In the ideal world where there’s good flow of $$, I would try to buy that boat for under $100K and repower with twin brand new 300s. For ~$170K of total cost, that boat’s going to be a reliable rig for the next few years and still sell at a good price. Plus, you get to trailer that boat to remote places where there’s still bit of salmon fishing open for sporties.

In the ideal world where there’s good flow of $$, I would try to buy that boat for under $100K and repower with twin brand new 300s. For ~$170K of total cost, that boat’s going to be a reliable rig for the next few years and still sell at a good price. Plus, you get to trailer that boat to remote places where there’s still bit of salmon fishing open for sporties.
It’s gone already, can’t find the posting anymore, was thinking about it lol, my wife was a hard noooooo f w

Back