WTB something slightly lighter than a commander 30 and with outboards.

I went through the same thing a few years back when my duoprop leg found the continent.
Insurance claim, Volvo prices, blah blah blah.
I'm still not too far out of commercial fishing to think a boat makes you money.
I'm now loyal to the shop that did the swap. Annual love and attention. Compared to the big hit, even with insurance, the annual love sites not seen so bad. The engine and leg have been great ever since.
You're quiting right when you got zero time drivelines.
Everybody looks for logs! and the continent...
I swear I actually didn't ever hear or feel a hit. That's the worst part. I'm pretty on the ball while under way

At least with your commander you can get a decent chunk of change out of it, right now. Like real estate in vancouver at least you are in, as painful as trading up may be. Most good marine guys and shops are booked until as late as December. Rates will climb this year for sure so podding, what ever it cost in the past add 15%.

Ive said it before if 10k sticker shock is painful is 5k ok? Then get a boat partner. Mine is wife swapping again and I’m now looking for another boat partner in Victoria. Commander new would have to be close to half a mill new, guys should be jumping at offering you 50-70k to buy into yours in my humble opinion. Cut your moorage and every other cost in half.

At least with your commander you can get a decent chunk of change out of it, right now. Like real estate in vancouver at least you are in, as painful as trading up may be. Most good marine guys and shops are booked until as late as December. Rates will climb this year for sure so podding, what ever it cost in the past add 15%.

Ive said it before if 10k sticker shock is painful is 5k ok? Then get a boat partner. Mine is wife swapping again and I’m now looking for another boat partner in Victoria. Commander new would have to be close to half a mill new, guys should be jumping at offering you 50-70k to buy into yours in my humble opinion. Cut your moorage and every other cost in half.
A 28' Seasport Commander was a half million at the Van boat show. Twin Suzuki 300HP and a trailer.

this price dropped
Probably not the finish you are looking for but cool boat

this price dropped
Probably not the finish you are looking for but cool boat
Interesting for sure. Maybe if I was 20 years older.

A 28' Seasport Commander was a half million at the Van boat show. Twin Suzuki 300HP and a trailer.
So a 30 footer with diesels has to be 750k new?

A friend just bought a 285 Conquest. It seemed so cheap to me, 25 year old mercs on it but compared to new a used Whaler is a good deal. Tough to find a motor combo you would like but a 305 with two new 250hp Suzuki’s might have an ok fuel burn and cost of maintenance.

Maybe the 305 Conquest would fit the bill? 345 seems excessive. Looking forward to the tuna trip finders fee ;)

So a 30 footer with diesels has to be 750k new?

A friend just bought a 285 Conquest. It seemed so cheap to me, 25 year old mercs on it but compared to new a used Whaler is a good deal. Tough to find a motor combo you would like but a 305 with two new 250hp Suzuki’s might have an ok fuel burn and cost of maintenance.

Maybe the 305 Conquest would fit the bill? 345 seems excessive. Looking forward to the tuna trip finders fee ;)

Beautiful boats but to me those are guide boats. Or for someone that owns a 10 million dollar beachfront home and that's their runabout. Just not my jam.

Back