What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Replaced the entire fuel circuit between the tank and the two engines. I’ve never ran any non-marine fuel in the sustem, have always replaced the separator filter every season and used fuel stabilizer during the winter months. Even with that, I went on the precautionary side and replaced everything (intake hose from the tank to the separator filter, lines to the main motor and kicker, primer bulbs, fuel filters in both engines and the Racor housing and filter). With all the mixed intel on the ethanol content in our fuel, didn’t feel like I wanted to trust the old system for something that could potentially be a big safety risk. The cost was fairly small (around $400 for a Campion 542) but it was quiet an undertaking to finish the job under the super intense sun and with the neighbour’s dog barking in the background 😂.
The screenshot is from the old setup where the signs of corrosion were starting to show on metal connections. Really recommend doing this if you’re on a fuel circuit that’s showing its age and may not be fully ready for the ethanol crap mix.

1723955235945.jpeg

Last edited:
Replaced the entire fuel circuit between the tank and the two engines. I’ve never ran any non-marine fuel in the sustem, have always replaced the separator filter every season and used fuel stabilizer during the winter months. Even with that, I went on the precautionary side and replaced everything (intake hose from the tank to the separator filter, lines to the main motor and kicker, primer bulbs, fuel filters in both engines and the Racor housing and filter). With all the mixed intel on the ethanol content in our fuel, didn’t feel like I wanted to trust the old system for something that could potentially be a big safety risk. The cost was fairly small (around $400 for a Campion 542) but it was quiet an undertaking to finish the job under the super intense sun and with the neighbour’s dog barking in the background 😂.
The screenshot is from the old setup where the signs of corrosion were starting to show on metal connections. Really recommend doing this if you’re on a fuel circuit that’s showing its age and may not be fully ready for the ethanol crap mix.

View attachment 109552
Good on ya! Not the sexiest upgrade, but very important

If your filter housing is aluminum which a lot of them are you should swap out for aluminum barbs and fittings instead of the brass ones you will avoid galvanic corrosion. Usually start to notice the coating flaking around the fitting location.

Upgraded my helm seats to the newer style Pompanette ladder back chairs, bought these used out of North Carolina, the shipping cost through UPS was retardly expensive … old and new
Looking good. Sometimes it’s tough to avoid a few hundred in shipping. I used seawings and split my order rotors on Amazon and calipers from a store direct. Probably $150 in seawings and ups vs $250 usd direct.

I’m getting it dialled for fishing. Opened up the 1106’s out of the box and tested them. They’re alive!
Then I loaded up the gunnels with what I really need:IMG_3573.jpeg
Now that I’m going glow balls, it’s been guessed by experts that one day soon, shallow waters off of Sidney will be seen at night from outer space.

I’m getting it dialled for fishing. Opened up the 1106’s out of the box and tested them. They’re alive!
Then I loaded up the gunnels with what I really need:View attachment 109579
Now that I’m going glow balls, it’s been guessed by experts that one day soon, shallow waters off of Sidney will be seen at night from outer space.
Buy or make a lead bed so you don't chip any of that Perty gelcoat.

Installed an external GPS antenna. Garmin GPS19x NMEA 2000.

I used a 12” drop cable to connect to the antenna, where the bend is somewhat sharp. Easy to replace if it becomes problematic, rather than the 8ft cable.

Signal strength is 👌👌👌👌

Attachments

• IMG_7082.jpeg
    IMG_7082.jpeg
    356.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7083.jpeg
    IMG_7083.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7084.jpeg
    IMG_7084.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7085.jpeg
    IMG_7085.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7086.jpeg
    IMG_7086.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7088.jpeg
    IMG_7088.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7089.jpeg
    IMG_7089.jpeg
    556.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Finally got 3 days to work on my boat solid, got all my mods done, rigger mounts and plates on, tie bar for both engines, swivel seat install, clean up misc stuff that was removed. All the wiring for riggers and plotter, new transducer install.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 35
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 34
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Installed an external GPS antenna. Garmin GPS 24x NMEA 2000.

I used a 12” drop cable to connect to the antenna, where the bend is somewhat sharp. Easy to replace if it becomes problematic, rather than the 8ft cable.

Signal strength is 👌👌👌👌
Do you mean that your GPS antenna reached your NMEA 2K backbone with a 12" cable? It must run above your deckhead?

Do you mean that your GPS antenna reached your NMEA 2K backbone with a 12" cable? It must run above your deckhead?
Haha nope, sorry I’ll be more clear…

Where the antenna is mounted, the cable has to make a tight bend despite the 3/4” spacer I made. I installed a drop cable between the (backbone to antenna cable) and the antenna itself, so that the drop cable is making the bend instead of the the long antenna cable

Got my tow rig buttoned up about a month ago. Swapped the 5.0/M5OD for a 5.8/ZF-5. Replaced the radiator support as well. New parts list endless. Runs great, made it to Kentucky-Alleyne and back in 35° heat with zero issues. Got a couple more things to do to the truck (remove body lift, get dual tanks working, service rear axle/brakes) but the hard work is done.

Attachments

• IMG_6988.jpeg
    IMG_6988.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7624.jpeg
    IMG_7624.jpeg
    597.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8748.jpeg
    IMG_8748.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8705.jpeg
    IMG_8705.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8831.jpeg
    IMG_8831.jpeg
    775.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8825.jpeg
    IMG_8825.jpeg
    494 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9134.jpeg
    IMG_9134.jpeg
    496.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9144.jpeg
    IMG_9144.jpeg
    778.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9446.jpeg
    IMG_9446.jpeg
    621.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9626.jpeg
    IMG_9626.jpeg
    725.5 KB · Views: 76
Got my tow rig buttoned up about a month ago. Swapped the 5.0/M5OD for a 5.8/ZF-5. Replaced the radiator support as well. New parts list endless. Runs great, made it to Kentucky-Alleyne and back in 35° heat with zero issues. Got a couple more things to do to the truck (remove body lift, get dual tanks working, service rear axle/brakes) but the hard work is done.
Pretty nice - someone's got some skills!

The side effect of growing up poor and beating on old 4x4s. You learn the skills to fix em, or you don’t make it to work 😂
Reminds me of my dad’s old straight six? My bro may still have a 250 in his back field. 5.8 did that ever come with a dually? Nice to see trucks being used for a long time, there was a nice old truck with a camper that pulled into Tofino when I was there.

Back