What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Reminds me of my dad’s old straight six? My bro may still have a 250 in his back field. 5.8 did that ever come with a dually? Nice to see trucks being used for a long time, there was a nice old truck with a camper that pulled into Tofino when I was there.
Yep, the 5.8 was an option in all configurations, including dual rear wheel F-350

Finally getting some fall ish temperatures here so went ahead and installed my rear wall and door. And because I hate surprises I fired up the cheap Chinese heater I installed last fall. Took a couple start up cycles to fire but once it did everything is working as it should. This is one of the best things I’ve done to my boat yet. Now I need a bigger truck so I can pull it through the snow and increase my fishing season even longer.IMG_9018.jpegIMG_9019.jpeg

Finally getting some fall ish temperatures here so went ahead and installed my rear wall and door. And because I hate surprises I fired up the cheap Chinese heater I installed last fall. Took a couple start up cycles to fire but once it did everything is working as it should. This is one of the best things I’ve done to my boat yet.

Those heaters are the cat's butt. I bought the extended warranty on ours in February. It was $149.00 USD.

Note to readers: The extended warranty is buying another heater when they go on sale on Amazon.

I’ve never really used the Scotty rod holders that go on the downrigger booms as 1, my wife had a hard time reaching out to get them as they sit so high, and 2, I don’t trust the mounts so I picked up a couple of the bolt on ones from Amazon. They are sleeved with some kind of rubber so it shouldn’t mar up the rod butts to much. IMG_4718.jpeg

Installed an external GPS antenna. Garmin GPS19x NMEA 2000.

I used a 12” drop cable to connect to the antenna, where the bend is somewhat sharp. Easy to replace if it becomes problematic, rather than the 8ft cable.

Signal strength is 👌👌👌👌
The GPS24xd kit arrived last week courtesy of Garmin Customer Service 🙏, and I installed it this morning.

Signal strength has improved further, and accuracy is now a rock bottom 4.80 ft!

Attachments

• IMG_7181.jpeg
    IMG_7181.jpeg
    596.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7182.jpeg
    IMG_7182.jpeg
    557.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The GPS24xd kit arrived last week courtesy of Garmin Customer Service 🙏, and I installed it this morning.

Signal strength has improved further, and accuracy is now a rock bottom 4.80 ft!
I did the same thing this week. Similar accuracy results. Significantly better than the 65’ with the internal antenna. Really looking forward to the faster response at trolling speed!

Back