Sportfishingbc "Just for fun of it halibut derby"

MyEscape

As posted on another thread generated by members on this site the idea of a halibut derby in Victoria/Sooke seems to be well recieved. How many people would be interested in such an event for sportfishingbc members and friends. We could charge mabye $10 per person winner takes all or break it down to first second and third. As wolf suggested we could have it Saturday March 25 as the tides are in our favour that day. That's the tentative date for now but could be changed. We could fish the morning and then meet in the afternoon around 1 or 2 for some bevies and late lunch at a local pub or restaurant and at that time hand out the prize money. I think this would a great oppourtunity for members on this site to meet, some for the very first time while enjoying something we all love, Fishing. Please post any suggestions that you might have. Lets make this happen!!!

Cheers MyEscape

Edited by - MyEscape on 01/18/2006 14:29:23

I'm into it but as I posted on the other thread,Sunday would work better for me.

a total MILF.Man I Love Fishing

I'm into it but as I posted on the other thread,Sunday would work better for me.

I'm in. Just say where and when. It should be kind of cool as it'll be my first time hally fishing in JDF too. Lots of experience up North though.

Here's to beginners luck.

Bob

I'm in. Just say where and when. It should be kind of cool as it'll be my first time hally fishing in JDF too. Lots of experience up North though.

Here's to beginners luck.

Bob

I'd play too, but, I would need to ride with someone as I don't own a tub that would serve me well chasing halibut.

Seafood, it eat, then catch more.

I'd play too, but, I would need to ride with someone as I don't own a tub that would serve me well chasing halibut.

Seafood, it eat, then catch more.

Wolf is the guide too be with that day for sure,he's knows where the big halis live and safety always comes first.Just a reminder guys it can get real dangerous real quick when your anchored up!Wolf also throws a nasty drop ball !!!!

Just Bring it!

Wolf is the guide too be with that day for sure,he's knows where the big halis live and safety always comes first.Just a reminder guys it can get real dangerous real quick when your anchored up!Wolf also throws a nasty drop ball !!!!

Just Bring it!

when fishing the 'Oak bay Flats'does a person still need to anchor?

when fishing the 'Oak bay Flats'does a person still need to anchor?

Sounds good guys, I'm sure I'll be good to go by then. I'll stay tuned for details as the date approaches.

Knucklebuster, OBF is one of the more popular drift spots on SVI but nothing still beats dropping a pick on a "honey hole" and waiting for a barndoor to come to you.

Sounds good guys, I'm sure I'll be good to go by then. I'll stay tuned for details as the date approaches.

Knucklebuster, OBF is one of the more popular drift spots on SVI but nothing still beats dropping a pick on a "honey hole" and waiting for a barndoor to come to you.

MyEscape, The currents are good for the 26th of March, just a bit later. Could drop the gear around 0730 or 800 and fish till 230- 3pm.
There is a nice little flood half way through on both days that has hali written all over it. My gear will be in both days, Derby or NOT!

MyEscape, The currents are good for the 26th of March, just a bit later. Could drop the gear around 0730 or 800 and fish till 230- 3pm.
There is a nice little flood half way through on both days that has hali written all over it. My gear will be in both days, Derby or NOT!

Back