SOOKE REPORTS spring/summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out at Renfrew Thurs. 7 to 2. 2 socks around 8am then nothing all day. Moved in for springs at Walbran, Logan & Camper. Nada. Saw 1 spring caught. Lots of boats

Went out Sooke on Red Hot today for socks. Only bite for the day lasted about 15 mins around 8 am and only manage to land 1 of 4 fish. Only seen a couple sockeye caught and lots of boats out from Secretary.

Maybe its been the full moon for the last few days, but seems to be dead slow for now.

OH no here we go again NO fish the sky is falling yeah yeah there is fish out there but they are hard to get some boats got a nice haul yesterday remeber these are HUGE ebb tides and the whites are just starting to show we probablly have 1 more little shot of springs and maybe a few more sox coming down should be better all this week because of the good morning flood tides.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Ya bud! I actually took the rod this time! Lotsa fun! I'll get ya out there next week.... I'm sure that big white mama is waiting for you this time!

Good day for us for sockeye today. Several multiples including one quadruple header. All very early this morning off Secretary at 50-60 feet primarily. Ended up with 9 in the boat after 45 minutes then switched to chase Springs.

Left the dock at just after 5 this morning in the fog. Boy was it foggy in the basin this morning all the way to the red can, then clear. Thought we were one of the first boats out till we rounded the Island and saw all the lights all the way to the Head. we turned and burned to Otter. Fished there till it got to crazy, saw the odd small one get caught but it looked slow. Picked up and ran up to Sheringham, about 20+ boats there. Didn't see any action so started trolling out to 500 feet of water and started trolling back to the Island.
Then all hell broke loose. 1 fish,3 fish,2 fish,3 fish,4 fish and we were done all in just over 45 minutes. 8 fish in the boat in half an hour and not another boat in sight. Like others have said FIND THE BIO MASS and things are over quick( way easier said than done) But what a day out there, can you say flat and clam, just awesome out there weather wise today. Out again tomorrow.

Got out today from 9:00 to 2:00 and fished 4 rods for Chinook and worked the gear hard at Secretary and Protection. Only one Sox to show for it and one other strike and only say a couple of other soxs caught, no big Chinook. Definitely a lot slower for Chinook than this past Tuesday was and only 1 27lber on the board when we came in. There were a lot of boats fishing way out, so they must have been getting soxs out there. A beautiful day though and we saw a group of porpoise and what was either a Gray whale or a Humpback whale just south east of Secretary, most likely a Gray.
Roy – I think the White (Harrison) Chinook have been here for a while. Caught a 14 lb white on July 24 and a 28 lber on Aug 16th.

Roy knows what he's talkin about the big whites should show with these big floods this upcoming week just like every other year,there was a small shot of them a couple days ago up here in reny but there will be more for sure.Check your lines the biggest fish of the year are on there way.

Springs pretty much dead slow out west today, sockeye ok.

The day was highlighted though by a large coho off Otter...big hooknose between 15-17# all day long.

Would love to have shared a photo but the excitement and urgency to get it back in the water asap, we missed out.

Well got a nice white today very clean beutiful fish so maybe there on there way!!!!
Funny you said change your line Trev just did that today with one of my reels LOL and changing the other one this week as I know how hard these things fight and its awsome!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Hey oar! i forgot to thank both foghorn and profisher for getting out of the way of my fish.... It was really tight fishing when it was on and it took a ton of line out but they were both very professional when i gave them a yell.... thanks boys!

Out with the lady friend. Got out a little later. Lines down at 11. In 450-550 ft of water out from Possession. Got a sockeye and lost a few. Also got a smaller spring. 90-120 ft. Only out for 2 hours then battery decided to die. limped in on kicker.

Crazy how many boats all over the place today. Blew my mind coming out of the basin and seeing em all. Didn't see that many caught and creel survey at dock said 2 per boat was average for socks. Not many springs recorded. Guess I need to get right over the school if i want to fill the boat in a hurry.

Picked up a whitie as well between Otter and Muir in about 100ft of water this morning. No boats near us when we did. It almost tasted like hali and less like salmon, very mild.

Well if you dont like that white spring ill take it of your hands for you;););)As I love it smoked it is VERY good that way oooopppps guess I blew getting it now hey LOL LOL.

Good on you,I dont know what it is with them white too the seem to be one p$$ed off fish they fight really hard great fish to catch.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

We got 2 at otter today but it was a grind for us... heard some guys were hooking and losing some in the morning but all in all it seemed a bit slower than the past couple days.... except for wolfy of course...[}:)]

Saturday had some friends on the boat from Vancouver, we fished for springs at Muir all morning it put my friends to sleep in the chairs on the back deck, lots of boats out but only saw one net out all morning. Woke up the friends and headed out for Sockeye, hit a Quadruple and we got them all in fish flapping all over the deck woke them up pretty quick! After we had to work for them, finding small pockets of them, we got 15 Sockeye and ran out of time to get the last one.

Sunday, today we did the after noon up at Otter, we picked up a 21 lber. a 10'ber and one Sockeye. The 21.lber fought like a 40lb. fish. Unbelievable fight and power, it had sholders, it sounded would not come up, sulked, turned and ran when ever it wanted.. just would not get tired... even after the long fight by the boat deep it just turned and keept taking off at will, we finaly got him to the boat, he was still up right not on his side at all and lucky we got him to swim right into the net... I was shocked that he was not over 30lbs. When we cleaned it was a red, and the 10lber. turned out to be a white, go figure.

JuanDeOne
Where abouts were you finding the sox thick?
They were slower east of Secretary from what I saw yesterday.

Thanks,
Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back