Sooke reports - August 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 groups one in the morning one in the afternoon 9 slabs in the boat biggest was a 34 and a 31 rest were 21 to 28lbs range for the people who know me they know were I was fishing and they was a lot of fish all around today at all the hot spots.

Good luck Wolf

Goalie...
Nope. I ride a red and white double eagle and was at Possesion this morning. Planned to fish there for the tide change before heading to Otter but never left. Been a while since I have fished Possesion but made the right call.
Good job on your fish!

Craven... Hit both fish at 55' on green chrome head. But have been getting fish at varying depths. Green chrome has been hot for me the last couple of weeks.

Hurston... Jocks is OK for a high tide with a small boat. Use Sunny Shores for other tides. It's 5 min extra. Only issue is parking. Getting busy there.

Maddog... Tried you on the VHF. No response.

Sounds like a good bite everywhere this morning. Interesting that Otter was on at the bottom of an Ebb.

Tips

was at cheanua first light, line up 10 boats deep. Went straight for sockeye out in the 500 line, only produced one for the whole day, lost about three :(, ok, troll into secretary in afternoon and switched to chovies for the afternoon bite. Not much fish but loved the sun. Trolled into the trap and hit a nice 20 lb spring right off the bat but lost it at the boat[V]. And i was not there in the morning because ....?? Argg, trolled down to head on the last pass before i pull up the gear, bam, both rods go off at the same time, thought I hit bottom or an underwater log. Turned out to be two 20 pound springs, got them both in and went home.

Ahh, life is good

hit the water today at 1:30, had 3 in the boat by 4pm, 25,19 ,26#,s all a bit deeper at 72 just off possesion , too lazy to run to otter startin out that late, but seems like it was hot today, at the dock there were guys cleaning some nice slabs, i seen one charter hit one that had to be mid 40's , off possesion, i think it was 2reel, see ya all tommorrow

went out at 5pm , 4 nice springs 15 , 17 ,21 1/2 and 20, depth 45 to 65 ft trap and a double towards beechy.first time out in sooke this year. tight lines scotty

Craven
About 6'. I give it my wing span plus a bit. Any longer than that and it makes netting tough on a small boat. Especially by my self.

Tips

around 6 feet 4 chovies, loved the glow green heads, silver betsy. tight lines scotty

How was sunday fishing boys? I'll be doing an early morning show out of Cheanuh tomorrow? Anything at the head or the trap?
T2

went out this morning at 5:45 am and fished sooke for the first time. hanged around secretary. caught one nice spring and one 7lb sockeye. had lots of bites and lost 2. there were around 50 other boats and they were catching sockeyes and springs (biggest i saw netted was about a 25). i used the silver fever flasher with a chrome red teaser head, and of the fish i hooked were caught on that rig fished 73' on the downrigger. the other fishing rod didnt even get a bite and that one i was using a purple haze plaid flasher and a green glow teaser at 63'

hey tips where did u fish sunday ? i saw a boat like yours half way between otter and muir, that boat hit em hard was that you? i am bear-2, blue sangerstercraft, if not wow he had them dialed in;)

Glad you did well there mongoose and looks like what I told you worked out for you,our group managed to scrape up 5 springs biggest was a 30,24.22,18,14 but it was a bit slower was up near otter seems there were alot of teenagers being caught from what I noticed.

Out again all week hope it turns on again!!!!!!

Good luck wolf

Dohboy
Unfortunately wasn't me. I did not fish Sunday.

Next trip for me weather permitting will be Thursday night.

Good job Mongoose. How big was your spring?

Tips

it was a white spring it was about 10-13 lbs. and its in the smoker right now:D but i will be back next sunday same time, hopefully with a bigger spring and more sockeye. only fished from 6 till 10, will fish alot longer next time

After having to work 10 days in a row FINALLY I'M OFF tomorrow.
You guys have been making me crazy with your HOT fishing reports.
Anyone out Monday Tuesday?
Otter point/ secretary?
What tides worked?
If you were on the water, I'd be interested.
thanks

I was !!!!!!!!!!!!fishing is good but dont want people telling me it wasnt!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Grew up and learned how to fish in sooke. Beachy Head and trap shack where our haunts. Used to love fishing for springs in the morning then rolling out 4-5 tide lines for the late morning early afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back