Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Good on Jack!
His gas to fish ratio was getting a bit skewed this week! LOL!
I knew I should have fished today:(

Tips

Was out again today and we got two. A 25 and one other that was pushing 30. Cheanuh's scale is apparently broken so we never got to verify the tyee.

I think the fish could feel the Crown Royal and Redbull in my blood after last night.
28, 23, and 20lbs all within 45 minutes of dropping the gear in the water.
I even broke into a sweat
003.jpg

Nice job jack!
Were you working the same area as usual?

Got the smoker going right now. Might try to sneak out sometime this weekend. Hunting season starts next week and will cut into fishing.

Tips

By the sounds of if there were quite a few getting caught at the trap, seen 2 other boats near me netting fish, the fog was thick in the am, and seen a few at the docks and the cleaning table

And Tips I fished a bit closer to home yet, I went with a gut feeling....coulda been the wiskey gut ....but it worked.

was fishing out at sooke yesterday morning between 6:00 and 10:00am and lost the first one,but got a 25 and a 20.had noticed 3 other boats had fish on too :) so maybe they are finally starting to trickle threw.

I heard it was good today at the trap but, I heard there was a body that was flooting bye can anyone confirm this [?]

I think they are gone again:(

Was out with Tailspin from 6-12, only 1 hit.

Also seen search and rescue and heard they were looking for a body, from what I heard is that someone found a body floating and called it in. They were told to tie the body up and didn't, so it either sunk or got away, thats why they were looking.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I am going out tomorrow and was stoked that the reports were turning around....... Did you guys see any fish at the dock?

That is scary about the body............. would take some nerve to tie it up to your boat but I guess you would have to suck it up and do the right thing....................sad

Hey Jack
I'm going to go for a short fish tomorrow. Maybe 6-10, got some stuff to do after that. Call me if you are interested.

Tips

Hey Gradyboat.....there are still fish out there. Some guys did quite well today. Try the early morning bite and then tide change at around noon. There's a scratch in between these times but ya gotta get lucky. Whales were around today so some spots were messed up for a while.

Thanks yam I will be out at first light and then I am going to come in and pick up my wife and daughter at around 10 so it should work out great if the wind stays down................

GB

Fished Donaldson to Otter today.
Early on we caught a beauty ho buck that we put back.
Otherwise not a sniff for 7 hours.
Tried many many lures, depths, speeds, etc.
The anchovies were even coming out without any teeth marks!
Radio reports were poor considering how many boats were out there; we heard of perhaps 6 fish all day?
So, from the previous posts I'd say that some are getting lucky but most aren't.
Still waiting................:)

damn................I was afraid of that. I am sure things will fire up tomorrow for all of the people who have fought through the wind and the slim pickings.

Back