Sooke Report -- 2008 season

First time posting, however I've been following this forum for quite some time. Fished Otter this morning from just before sunrise until around 12:30. We managed 2 high teens, one low twenty and one I threw back right away as it was caught on a double header and it was only 8ish. Lots of fish on and there seemed to be other boats in on the action as well. Fun Morning! Sunday was a bit slower with 2 fish in the boat and a couple more on from sunrise until 4ish. Fishing solo that day and lost a nice one at the net. Saw some caught but not much.
Gypseas: your neighbour here, drop me a note if you're into doing some evening fishing (wind permitting of course)

Fished Beechy to Trap back and forth 6am to 3pm, lost one at 9:20am in the trap, release a wild coho about 7lbs, seemed to be a bite between 9 and 10am then nothing until 1:30 then got a 16lb and 2:40pm 22lb at Beechy. Seemed to be a good bite at this time. Saw 3 other hooks up and many people where coming in with fish with a later bite. Morning was slow. Got fish at 60, 85, 95 feet.

cby

There there you have to find them like Yammy said you got to work for them its hard to keep pounding and thinking "man just one bite" if you remember last year at this time it was great up until the first big rain then it was done. you still got time my guests have got a few nice big ones this past week and I have seen some over 30 as well come in.

good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

A bit late but....

Went out on Sunday, 25lbsish spring off Secretary and 4 wild coho. And we didn't go too far out. Saw a few other boats getting fish between 8-10. All in all it was a great day.

fished 4 hrs....two teenagers, one in the boat and one not

pissongrady-1.jpg

Any reports from today. Heading out tomorrow morning. Whats the best bet? Sherringham, Muir and Otter or Possession/Secretary, or Trap and Beechy? Let me know? I have been doing well at Beechy but It seems to change daily!!

cby

hey wolf make us feel good and show us some pics.............

Thanks, GB

Hey Gradyboat, Wolf has all the pictures downloaded on his site. Great site Wolf!:) SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Ok if you insist LOL but first off want to thank Marula for what you did I realy appreciated fun times just ask him about the crabbing LOL

Well it happened for me today got the first biggy of the year at Sunny shores weighed in a 44lbs then ripped the gill&*#%

at sooke marina it cam in at 42.53 on the fishtatics thing here it is

Sookesalmon2009108.jpg

Good luck Wolf

p.s. thanks for the kind words GB

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

glad I asked lol.........................nice one wolf

Nice web site..........GB

Good stuff Roy,, thx for the pic and keep it up..

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Back