Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Hey kootch, did I tell you the time I got a 16lb. out of Elk Lake? Thought I'd try herring for bait. Bigger bait,bigger fish. [:0]

Ok saying you did catch a fish like that how did you weigh it??? if you put the hook of the scale in its gills you just killed it if you put a rope around its tail you have just killed it again as a fish that size cannot sustane coming out of the water and be weighed its just too big, if you did indeed catch one of that calls good on you but I find it hard to believe (sorry)

As for today went out at tide change with a well deserved day off with my freinds and girlfriends managed to get 2 nice fish.Right beside luna and reel addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

quote:Originally posted by wolf

Ok saying you did catch a fish like that how did you weigh it??? if you put the hook of the scale in its gills you just killed it if you put a rope around its tail you have just killed it again as a fish that size cannot sustane coming out of the water and be weighed its just too big, if you did indeed catch one of that calls good on you but I find it hard to believe (sorry)

As for today went out at tide change with a well deserved day off with my freinds and girlfriends managed to get 2 nice fish.Right beside luna and reel addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com
I was kidding Wolf.

Managed a 16 lbs off the head today but talked to many who got skunked. Say what you will - it's the worst year that I have seen here...There will be some scary stories coming from the hatcheries a couple months from now...

OK wolfy.....what can we say...your two were bigger than our two....what else is new? Nice to see you out there man! Hopefully next time we can do the chiping! lol

We got two good springs in today, one at Secretary and one at the Trap. We had three other good hits, one right out of the clip that just never stuck. Felt like we should of had our limit today.

Can't wait to head up that way next week. Any pointers for a noobie??

thanks dan

Hey Dan

I am relatively new compared to alot of the guys on this site so maybe some of them have some more info. I did the same as you asked a lot of the veterans and went out with some of them. Luckily I have had friends that knew some top notch fisherman so learned a lot in a little time but always looking to learn more.

We were getting them a little deeper the other day but as Wolf says one day shallow on day deep you never know.

We had one 15lber today in the derby but never weighed it in we got it at 11:05 just east of otter but we weren't going to race to the scale for that one.

Thanks to all the volunteers of the Bite Me Derby. You guys and gals sure bust it to make things happen!

Good luck up there.

well it went like this for me,
thurs- 25&21
friday-34&20
saturday -17
sunday - lost a bigge
oh well had fun with a friend i havent seen in awhile, still got 55th place in the derby. wish i got my friday fish on sat, but who care really,just went in the derby for fun, couldnt shake ROY off my tail most of the wkend, haaaaaaaaaaaaa, [:p]:D;), he should know i am joking, just like he always gets me on the , u got a fish on, haaaaaaaaaaaaaa ,good one roy

Well it sure does appear as thought the boyz fishing out of Sooke Harbour and SS are getting in to the lions share of the few fish around again this season. As last year in the early part of the season it is dead slow South of the Head for the most part. This seasons fishing is condusive to June of last year so far IMO. A few mediocre days at the Head and the Trap out of 60+...Lots of proven top rods skunkered in the bite me for sure. A trip North is sure coming into my card real soon[:p]

www.tailspincharters.com

In the net wolf ! Mine weighs in at 14.5 ounces ! How much does yours weigh in at ?[:I]

Man it was not nice out there managed to get one and lost one saw a few fish in the nets one looked very decent by another charter guy then the winds came and had to go, lots of bait maybe finally they are here???? LOL

good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Off topic, but I just wanted to tell Roy I think his web site is really</u> well done.

Paul

Wow, Its already the end of August. Sure has been a spotty season this Summer. My son and I hit a few good days in July but it has been tough slogging in Sooke. Spoke with a Guide out of Sooke Harbour Marina who said many guide boats are sitting idle. It must be hard for the charters to go all day and get into only a fish or two or worse a skunking. I hope it improves with this rain?

Thanks bodie (paul)!!!!!!! thats kind of you.

Well boys its still a little scratchy out there maybe with the recent rains and the currents being in our favor for the morning fishing starting this weekend maybe some more fish will show up!!!!!! that afternoon rise has been ok if you wanted to wait for it this past week but now the currents are slowing down big time and finally switching to mornings.

A few of the guides are getting fish but working hard for them.

I do have to say please if you see someone with a fish on PLEASE give them lots of room or better still turn your boat around and just do a circle and then re tact I have had 2 people this week cut of my fish on there riggers and one of the my fellow guide freinds as well today. its a really big ocean out there and trust me when someone has a fish on after working so hard to get it you dont need the stress of someone cutting it off.

Thanks and good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Was out there yesterday and got two just behind Wolfs boat ;)
I must admit I was impressed both times with guys giving ya space when you're fishing by yourself and running a gong show aka cabin boat with no steering at the back (its coming btw). Thanks to the Trophy guys that saw me running circles and cutting them off unable to steer, they had to move out of the way. Eventually had to disconnect the kicker and try steering while playing a 16 lber, I know, not a big fish but at one point I thought a seal grabbed it. Took a couple nice runs for sure, then the net gets tangled in the trebles so I throw the rod in the boat and hold onto the fish with the net finnaly grabbing the fish by the gilles and pulling it in.
Circus time LOL[:eek:)]
Saw Walleye out there too seemed to have a good time.

gonefishingsign.gif

5 1/2 hours around Beechey Head etc. on Tuesday.
Not a sniff - except a couple of dog fish.
Verry strange.

yeah wolf, Jimmy told me that story tonight...that sucks big time - I know I try my best to get out of the way if needed, but it certainly amazes me the number of people that won't respect space.

Back