Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Hahahaha,, just great now I have to clean the coffee off my key board...

IMG_1021-1.jpg

I knew that when the killer whales come in that the fishing drops off. I didn't think about where the salmon went. Down deep does sound like a good spot to find them. In close to shore near drop offs (like at the head) or close to kelp beds also sounds like a good spot. Gee.... maybe someone could invent a killer whale blow horn one could use to trick the salmon into these areas, then we would know where to find the salmon....lol.

Boy it was rough out today not nice at all but managed a pair of nice fish a 28 and a 27 in less than 3 hours because I then had to head in as it was a little too rough for them and being a little sea sick, got them shallow today at 45 ft that side only hit 1 fish all week and now it goes???? oh well take them any way I can LOL, it supposed to die down for tommorow I hope !!!!!!!
Sookesalmon2009034.jpg

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

That a boy wolf,, gettin me pumped man.. 3 more days !!!!!!

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Guess somebody hasnt heard of an IP ;) Not biting

Fished Trap, Obrien, Secretary today. Hit the water at first light and only had 2 hits to show for it. Some guys out there were doing ok and it seems a bit of a bite came on at Secretary but there were so many boats working one spot I never went close to it. In fact it looked like a bunch of seagulls working a ball up, kinda sad when the fishing is so slow that the first sign of a few fish 50 boats pounce on it. I remember the days when getting skunked in Sooke was extremely rare. Oh well maybe tomorrow....

Had a good day today. 26lb, 21 lb and 19 lb.
Lost 2 others on a double header.
Good bite around 11:00.

Finally broke the curse of the new MR3. (before today I lost 2 fish on it since I got it.)

Tips

Nice Job Tips,

Great to see some big fish and lots of numbers come in today. A 32 and a 31 came in to Cheanuh today as well as a bunch of others in the mid teens. Uci is showing some hogs, reel addiction is lighting things up with a 47 and numerous in the thirty class this week Outside Southbank.

May sneak out for an AM fish tommorow with Striper Jack for the Legion Derby.

www.tailspincharters.com

At last I have something to contribute to the forums. Just moved out here after 25 years away and it is taking me some time to the boat at 11:00 around otter point

Pictuesofme077.jpg

As I was coming in there were 4 others with fish all in the 20'sand 30's just coming in...it seems to be getting hot in the Sooke area.

Back