Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Thanks Graham it did feel good to get into a couple with reports so bad , hop my luck holds for sat as well . I do have picks but don't now how to post .[V]

quote:Originally posted by TelStar26

When you say "white spring" are you talking about the meat?

Yeah the meat is kind of white-ish. I didn't believe it until I caught one.

Highliner
Fish2-2.gif

Out with the Island Idiot for the evening fish. Water flat as a pancake with light rain. Got into a bit of a bite around 6:eek:opm. Island Idiot had the hot hand hit two feeders released them. Then he poopped a nice spring around 18 ibs and passed the rod off to me. Thanks II. i had one hit and we called it quits around 8:00 pm. Freash red spring for supper yum, thanks again II. Cheers FC

Out today 8hrs of towing rubber hooks= nada not even a sharkie. Saw a couple of guys waving nets at Sheringham. SSSLOOOWWW
cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

I can see Jerry doing something like that.

Class act - he is!

Out early Sat. My Son is gonna' bonk a 50!

Cheers,
Terry

Howdy,

Out Sat am at the Head. Fished through the tide-change @ 9:45. Saw one small salmon caught - size of my shoe - and nothing else. Guy back at the marina said the 'bite' came on and that they saw several fish caught. Guess I was in the 'wrong-place' again. Did manage to sacrifice another whack of tackle to the 'reef-Gods'.

Been away from this for too long; haven't found my stride yet I guess.

Cheers,
Terry

Was out today, moving from the head to the trap. Wow, was it foggy! Complete white-out for most of the day. Managed a #12 chum, and we lost another fighter. There was a quick bite at the trap in the morning and saw 4 fish caught, one was tyee sized.

Highliner
Fish2-2.gif

Fished Secretary on Sat from 6 am to 2 pm, saw several fish caught between 8 am and 12 pm on the east side of Possesion. Hit a 25 pounder at 10 am, Betsy, green chrome head, 6.5ft leader, 81 ft. Managed a 23 pounder at 10 15 am, same combo and depth.

Fished Secretary on Sun from 7 am to 12 pm, foggy but flat. Hit a 21 pounder right away and saw one other caught shortly after. Green haze flasher, white glow head, 6 ft leader, 70 ft. Lost a good one off the point at Secretary at 9 am,played fish for a while and got broken off, first time in years. Saw very few fish being caught today compared to Sat, 3 fish in the 30's weighed in over the weekend at the marina, far from hot but better than its been lately.

Back out tomorrow, weather looks to nice to pass up, any reports on Otter or Muir?

Was just out this after noon (Sunday), 12:00 - 6:00pm.
We started at Muir for about 2 hrs, nothing ! notta ! 4 rods down, not one hit !! pretty discouraged so we hit Otter for some flood tide action.. several boat there.. did not see one net out there for about 2 hrs.. got outta there and headed to Possession... 30 min. there we had a pin popper right in front of possession, big spring on for about 15 sec. before it shook the hook !! Ughghgh.! Saw no one else with fish on while we were there.. we did managed to scrape up a 25lb. halibut on the salmon gear by the Possession reef.. a little bonus.. at least some thing fresh for dinner. Over all.. very very discouraging for Spring fishing in Sooke considering it is Aug !! looking back on previous years fish stats I keep... this year is the worst on record !! where are the fish !!??

Yesterday I was up fishing up at Renfrew, fished Logan first light.. a zoo of boats every where... we managed to land a double header two 28'lbers.. other than that.. no other hits all day long.. with the amount of boats that were there.. only say a few other boats land fish.. back at the Marina the fish stat. girl was there.. under 12 springs had come in.. ! OUCH !! very disappointing and discouraging to see..

i fished in that fog from 7am till almost 2pm at possesion, not one hit, and did not see but one fish landed(hard to see much in that fog), the fog lifted for about a half hour so decided to head out , got in about 250ft of water and hit something, followed up with a nice 11lb spring and more hit, all down deep 120ft
the chatter on the radio made the trap shack sound like it was on fire, heard of a couple over 40 there

Heard the same chatter on the radio as sell.. there was some derby going on.. heard one guy had a 47lber. today.. ?? Sounded like a few fish at the shake... over all nothing like it should be here in Aug...

quote:Originally posted by dohboy

i fished in that fog from 7am till almost 2pm at possesion, not one hit, and did not see but one fish landed(hard to see much in that fog), the fog lifted for about a half hour so decided to head out , got in about 250ft of water and hit something, followed up with a nice 11lb spring and more hit, all down deep 120ft
the chatter on the radio made the trap shack sound like it was on fire, heard of a couple over 40 there

Dohboy: you didn't miss much at the trap today.... we trolled almost 7 hours at the trap this morning and didn't get a single strike.

Hey, that's great, was this the weekend that your son was visiting and if so please tell me that you let him bring those fish in. Can not believe I 'll be back in the action by the end of the week. Hope you got room in your boat for an extra person, should be able to play by sun if everything goes well with preparing my boat for launch Fri and Sat.
quote:Originally posted by mlaag

Got a 10 lb salmon and a 31 lb hali today

Trolled between beechy and possession Friday from 6-4, one 21 lb spring caught right off no-name @ 55' on anchovy spoon, 6' leader, lemon-lime flasher. Overall slow. Was with my brother in law. Total of 6 rods each fishing for 10 hours and only one strike.

He was here last weekend
I was on my own on this Sunday
When I got the hali in the net it decided to wake up and man can they jump around. See you this weekend

Did my first trip since being back got a nice 28 lber from one of my fav spots foggy as heck in the morning but cleared nicely saw maybe 8 fish in total caught got it at 59 ft
Sookesalmon2009018.jpg

out again tommorow

good luck wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Hey Roy, nice fish.. today sounds a little better than yesterday out there.. any sort of bite going on or was it just the odd one here and there scratch all day long that you saw? You get it on the Morning ebb or after noon flood? At least you got one.. though we should be limiting out this time of year like we always do in previous years.. its still slow by the looks of things..... hope it picks up in the weeks to come.. keep up the reports..

Back