Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Fished Possesion this morning, saw one caught.
Skunkville for our party. Next time will try harder.
cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

Same results for us. 6AM to 11:30 AM in Pedder Bay yesterday AM. Tons of feed not even a bite. So far we're 1 chinook for 4 trips out this season. This time last year we already had a half dozen to the boat in 3 trips.

My understanding is that this low abundance was forecast and has something to do with low survival of fish that entered the ocean on 2005. In the case of stream type chinook represents 4 year olds which typically make up the bulk of the run. Its the same phenomenon that is "credited" for the poor showing of Fraser Sockeye last year.

Lets hope for a good August...

Gooey

They are a comin boys,, don't worry.

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Skunksville for us today. Fished Secretary/Possesion for 3 hours in the am. One pin popper that never hooked up. Saw 2 other fish caught so must have been some around. Heard on the radio that the whales went through early.

Skunksville for us today. Fished Secretary/Possesion for 3 hours in the am. One pin popper that never hooked up. Saw 2 other fish caught so must have been some around. Heard on the radio that the whales went through early.

Glad to hear you saw a couple of fish caught. I did not see a fish caught all morning. Just lots of dogs. Bait everywhere I went.
Only 3 fish noted at Cheanuh by 1:00. (10, 12 and 20)
Worked at it hard today for notta.

Tips

Glad to hear you saw a couple of fish caught. I did not see a fish caught all morning. Just lots of dogs. Bait everywhere I went.
Only 3 fish noted at Cheanuh by 1:00. (10, 12 and 20)
Worked at it hard today for notta.

Tips

Another one for the Skunkville team [V]

On the lighter side... anyone willing to share a good receipe for cooking Doggies :D:D:D

cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

Another one for the Skunkville team [V]

On the lighter side... anyone willing to share a good receipe for cooking Doggies :D:D:D

cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

We got a 22 off Secretary.Right at the surface as i was checking the gear-I love those ones.Went out for sockeye - nothing.

We got a 22 off Secretary.Right at the surface as i was checking the gear-I love those ones.Went out for sockeye - nothing.

Hey Gypseas, which boat are you at the Marina. I think we are right across from you in the 17ft Double Eagle. We'll say hi next time we are down.

Saturday am. Thought I take a break from the hectic spring fising as of late LOL.
Took a couple of rookies out haly fishin, to my fav spot and bonked a 35 iber. had one other hit then proceeded to lose a screamer. Lots of dogs on the slow current went thru a ton of bait and tie-ups. nice to just get out there without friggin wind. cheers FC

Back