Sooke Report -- 2008 season

you have to think twice about dragging the boat there with cost of
fuel if the fishing is hit & miss

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

So has anyone been out today?

I'm finally putting the new (to me) tub in the water after work (wind depending):D for her shakedown cruise and if all is well, we might throw out a line or two.

Thanks,
George

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

quote:Originally posted by fishhawk8

So has anyone been out today?

I'm finally putting the new (to me) tub in the water after work (wind depending):D for her shakedown cruise and if all is well, we might throw out a line or two.

Thanks,
George

Thanks for the invite and don't forget the Lucksters you scurvy dawg. :D

Well another day and another skunk! That makes an incredible 5 in a row for me without a fish. This is the worst streak that have EVER had. I am ready to let my wife start buying fish.

We were fishing from 5:30 am to 1:00 pm today at Trap, O'Brien, and the Head and only saw one fish boated...and it was not in our boat. That is unless you count the bunch of dog fish that we and ever other boat out there caught. The wind was up early and then calmed by about 9:00 am. It got pretty ugly around noon and was still ugly when we left.

I think I am going to find a new hobby:(

"Thanks for the invite and don't forget the Lucksters you scurvy dawg."

First off, I don't drink and boat, much.[xx(]lol.

Ya' didn't answer my e-mail so I figured you weren't around. Besides, I didn't hear of any invite to go out and chase cutties yesterday, [V]

And that's Mr. Dog to you there fella.[:p]

Actually, after checking out Big Wave Dave and reading Monaro's report, I might do Sidney tonight instead. It looks like they've been catching a few off of Fairfax and a few other places out that way this past week. we'll know more in an hour or so though.

Slow show out there the past few days Fog ,Wind and whales. 2 on and two lost today in 9 hrs of plugging away. one caught between Possesion and Church in our two boat group. Lots of boats out....Last year was slow, but i could still scratch a few up around Pedder at the least, not looking very bloody good so far this season.[xx(]

www.tailspincharters.com

Justin,

If it's hard for a seasoned guide to scratch up a spring in Sooke,
then i guess i'll wait a while longer before another attempt.

Thanks for the report ;)

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

mlaag

good looking fish you got there, please don't tell me that gyseas put you onto this fish. Are you slipping in you old age or what?
Did he have to hold the rod for you also?

See you in 3 1/2 weeks, plan on taking a month off when I get back, hope there are still some fish around.

SLD[8D]

I have been catching fish off of fingers 5 miles out, and also been catching fish off of brickyard all fish caught on speckle back green hootchy.

I know of a 37 that came in off Secretary first light today, so there is some hope left for sure. With luck things will start heating up without making the run to Sheringham and Muir etc, with the price of fuel and all. Offshore Uci and Swiftsure is just recently thick with fish, hope they come down real soon.

www.tailspincharters.com

that sounds good ...will be fishing swiftsure in about 3 weeks for me I hope a few fish hold up there

quote:Originally posted by saltshaker

I have been catching fish off of fingers 5 miles out, and also been catching fish off of brickyard all fish caught on speckle back green hootchy.

What you catching out there on the tide lines? hatch Coho? Pinks? Springs???

Fished the trap Wednesday morning for 3 hours (through low slack)--nada. I did not see one fish get caught.
T2

quote:Originally posted by saltshaker

Where is this?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by saltshaker

Where is this?

This guy's fishing in Nanaimo.

quote:Where is this?

If you don't know where the Sooke Fingers or Juan de Fuca Brickyard are, don't expect anyone here to give away these hotspots, that's where all the fish are hiding!

"those who know, won't tell...those who tell, don't know".

;)

fishingportrenfrew.ca
fishingsooke.ca

Ok, then for those of us who do know of these two places why would we feel the need to mix the pot by bragging about the number of fish caught unless we are going to let everyone in on it.?

Back