Sooke Report -- 2008 season

We were out at Secretary tonight for a couple hours and didn't see much action but when we got to the dock there was a 14 and 22 come in late near dark from Secretary.

i was out from 7-9 pm tonite at seceraty. hit a 16 pounder which was a scrappy sucker. got another couple hits right around the the island which didnt stick. beatiful night for fishing but didnt see much action around the boats. i'll try to post some pics.
ocean explorer

Is anybody catching fish regularly? Its really hard to want to put the boat back in sooke in the cold wind these days. The old inlet and sidney are looking pretty sweet these days - at least they have sun and I can swim in the inlet!

How are you charter guys doing, consistant?

Hey Poppa...

Tell us how your trip up the WC went?

Cheers,
Terry

fished from about 6am to 11am and managed one, 24#'s didnt see any others caught around secretary, lots of boats heading out to otter/muir, anyone out that way?

I'm heading to the Otter/Muir area tomorrow with The Rock so we'll post an update afterwards. As an aside, I bought a kayak last week and mounted the rodholders last night. Convinced the wife to try some kayak fishing this am around the Breakwater and while I caught a dogfish she hooked into this beast! Much harder to land in a kayak compared to a 22' walk-around! Thankfully someone was around to lend a net. I don't normally like keeping the big ones and since we have fish & chips for a while the next one(s) will be released....

IMG_6476.jpg

IMG_6455.jpg

Fished Church and the Bedfords all morning not a sniff. Never saw anyone hook up either. Heard one guy bot a hit...pretty sad when your recording hits. Heard Bechey was quiet too. Lots of fish on the sounder though...just no takers.

Now taking that critter from a yak must have been a blast!! Congrats!!!

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Now taking that critter from a yak must have been a blast!! Congrats!!!

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

nice ling, looking at the background you appear to be of sax point. is that not a RCA Zone[?]

Hooked it off the 2nd corner at the Breakwater and landed it 150yards downcurrent, then dragged it all the way back to the launch. Anyway, too windy this AM for me so I won't be heading to Otter. I'll have to find some other excuse to avoid the chores. ;)

Went out Sheringham way with Fah-Cups on Saturday. Managed 2 fifteen pounders. Beauty day. No Seals! Fish were caught hours apart. Thanks Fah-Cups, Great day on the water. -I.I.

quote:Originally posted by abl

nice ling, looking at the background you appear to be of sax point. is that not a RCA Zone[?]

I was talking with Yammy5, he did not catch that in the RCA. He caught it around the breakwater.. hog tied it to the yk. He launched at Esquimalt anglers, looks like they are paddling back, snapped a few pictures just out side the esquimalt ramp...

My brother and I were out yesterday and we got a 24# spring and 12# chum. Dogfish were heavy in the AM, Spring from Sherringham 48'. Chum around Otter.

Friday night 4 fish on landed 2 released 1, went home with a 20#. Out Saturday with Biggest, 3 fish on landed 2, a 21# and 25#.

Tournament Proven !

Rough out there today. 17lb in the boat and lost 1. Saw 2 other fish caught.

Sounds like the night bite has been alright lately. Where were you at Fins?

Tips

Yes, a fine morning on the water Saturday with my buddy Fins, thanks so much for getting me out. 2 beauty springs landed and should have been 3 if I wasn't a bit rusty with the rod. Springs fight a bit harder than the browns and rainbows on the fly rod!
I only get out salmon fishing a couple of times each season, it's sure nice to go with a top rod like Fins to ensure success!!
Tips up, we were at the Trap Reef for all 3 fish.
Thanks again Fins, you da man!!
Biggest.

Back