Sooke Report -- 2008 season

It was brought in to sooke marina, But The fish was bottoming out the scale apparently. I offerd My digital scale, and when it read 50 pounds, they swore it was off and went over to jocks dock. They came back saying it was in fact 50. Good to know my scales accurate :D

Boated a 22 and lost one other off Otter. Any other action today?

I'm the tin boat 'tween the 29ft striper and 26ft skagit orca
cheers
quote:Originally posted by Bighorn

Hey Gypseas, which boat are you at the Marina. I think we are right across from you in the 17ft Double Eagle. We'll say hi next time we are down.

gonefishingsign.gif

Just to let you know...
I am stationed with the CCG in Millbanke Sound. There have been few fish caught here. What i have seen boated the fish have been small with no real 'bite' happening. The sea water temp has finally started to rise and there has been the appearance of bait balls with a few sea birds.
There was a nice Whaler trolling around for well over 12 hours so, you know he was having trouble getting a limit.
Seems that WCVI is the place right now. gl, pk

Fished the Head Saturday (26th) and Sunday (27th). Skunked both days. Not normal based on my experience. Put in at least 6 hours per day. Had a couple of bites but just couldn't hook up. Very windy Sunday. Saw one twenty come in at lunch hour Sunday (Cheanuh), that was it. Caught on anchovy at 50 ft. at Secretary. Loads of feed...

pescador

Fished Sunday July 27th out of Cheanuh. Fished all the way to Secretary and back with out a strike. The wind started to blow up early so was fishing close to the Head getting ready to go in when I got a 18 lbs 5oz spring..... finally, first Salmon in 5 trips( did manage to catch a nice Halibut last weekend trolling for Salmon)
Right in tight to Beechy Head..... close enough to throw a rock at it. fishing at 90 feet using a Super Betsy and a crome army truck, everywhere I looked all the 8 packs of Anchovies were gone so I had to use an Anchovie from a ten pack but it did the trick. Caught the fish at 10 AM and by 10:30 I had to go in cause of the wind.

Talked to a guide buddy of mine up in Tofino last night. Said the fish are stacked up thick and getting limits in most spots. Not sure if those fish will make it down here but good to see that there are fish out there. Maybe by next week?

Thought I would bump this back to the top as I don't think Frayedknot got enough attention for this one with fishing being so slow.
Again ... Nice work Greg!
Any pics?

Can't believe you lit it up out there on your first summer trip of the year. Your setting the bar a bit high for me. [:I]

Tips

Fished Beechy today 4hrs, 1 10lb white spring, it was tough out there today. I had a late start, 85 feet, Man there are alot of white spring out there.

cby

Fished Otter to Sherringham 4hrs, 28lbs and 10 lbs, 2 bites, 2 fish, beautiful out there today. Had to come in because had my limit to bad.

cby

nice work, what time did u hit them at, i am hoping to head out tommorrow but the wind look like they will keep off the water till saturday

I heard of a small stray school of pinks come in around church on the weekend

Lost a nice one to a broken hook at the Trap this am. That was it for action.
T2

Put my guest into a 20 and a 25 at my favorite point ;). Got some crab too so not too bad for the afternoon off.
cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

Back