OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Wasn't planning on fishing, but I happened to launch from MacDonald Beach earlier in the day to spend the day in English Bay with non-fishing activities. I decided to fish for a couple of hours at T10 at 4pm before heading in. It was on fire! Missed a couple of pin poppers that didn't stick, but managed to net 2 beauties, 13 and 19 pounds. All hits were between 45-65 feet. Fishing two rods, one with glow hootchie and other with Coyote spoon.

We were part of the Smashing crew out there yesterday too, great to see such good returns of Springers ..... whites and reds mixed. Shallow depths seemed best and Chovy for us was the best producer. I would think these coming rains will scoot a bunch of these fish outa the area so get out there every one, have some fun.

Fished Bell yesterday hootchie and spoon 3 springs 50-70 ,moved over to North arm for the evening and hit 2 springs 60-80 1 in the box .. what an evening holy flat ..

Hey Finished Business i was around the bell that day. what boat were you in i'm in a centre console Cheers !

I was trolling around north arm, pretty sure I tacked past you a few times off the jetty. There was a quick bite @ sundown.

I managed 2. whole herring no flasher. saw a couple other nets out. just a beauty evening.

A buddy and I were also out fishing the North Arm yesterday and went 4-8 on springs. Had a couple long line releases and lost a big one about 20' from the boat. Hook popped. Beautiful night out on the water. Hoping to get out there again this afternoon if the winds are good.

Cheers, Rob

I was out yesterday too! Started at T-10 which was a good bite, went to sandheads (slow for first 30-45 min) then it went off big time! Back to T-10 for one last drop in, saw lots of nets out but we were tired. My son in the middle of the picture, reeled in his first Chinook, and so did his 2 cousins!

11924575_1031334406890299_916794935871342740_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to yell at a few guys yesterday that they had fish on. One boat was watching another boat land a fish and I saw his rod going off, I yell just as it popped the pin. He stuck and they got it.

reeltime, I am mistaken, there was a large 30+' boat with the same name on the back. feel free to hail me on 88a. I'm in an mid 90s walkaround with white hull and raw aluminum cabin. pod w/ blue outboard. I'd like to say you can't miss it, but tell that to the 50' aluminum sailboat that set his cruise control as soon as he came out of the river...boy those boats can lay over in a hard turn when they realize they are about to cut someone in half!

I will be out tonight...its been pretty smokin hot out there. with rain tonight and through the weekend, im wondering if the firestorm of chinook will be put out as they make a push for the rivers...

Will be out later today! First time on the brine since Kyuquot and all sounds good out there.

Stones....saw your photo on BC's site...the kids look happy!!

Anyone on here running a welded CC? Saw one headed thru my neighbourhood yesterday en route to Vanier.

Was also out yesterday evening for the action. Dropped the lines around 5 pm just inside of the Bell Buoy and had a pink in the boat 15 minutes later on a green moon jelly flasher and double glow white hoochie. Got a spring on the line right after on the same setup, but lost it near the boat. As mentioned by adanac, things quieted down for a while, then just after 7 pm the bite was back on. Saw lots a boats landing fish and we put a 13 lb white spring in the boat on a chartreuse splatter back hoochie behind a purple onion flasher before heading in. Sounds like bait might be more effective, but most important, have something in the water when the bite goes off. Spotted a couple porpoises just as we arrived as well and lots of bait in the water. Fantastic night out!

had to leave early yesterday missed the party
so we only had a small teen at the bell just at midday 7-30-12
purple haze hootchie 77'

ran back to the coast and dropped off my buddie (he had work call in )and finished the afternoon evening at gower pt
only boat there and had two low teens

beauty day on the water flat clam most of the day

any one out when the costco container ship went by way out of the shipping lane

heading out to the bell buoy in about an hour, will make sure I remember the net this time, lol. forgot the camera too. the other day went 3 for 3 without it, lol, got lucky. lost another one to a seal. all on chovies at 50-70'. fished maybe 3hours in the afternoon

heading out to the bell buoy in about an hour, will make sure I remember the net this time, lol. forgot the camera too. the other day went 3 for 3 without it, lol, got lucky. lost another one to a seal. all on chovies at 50-70'. fished maybe 3hours in the afternoon

Will be out around 3....leave a few around.

As I sit here in my home office a couple blocks from Vanier the procession of boats going by makes me think EVERYONE wants in on the action!!!!!;)

Just saw a center console whaler (Outrage maybe) drive by with a blue bimini en route! :cool:

I'll be wearing my pink tshirt in an 18' aluminum center console, former west coast resort boat,

Nice!! I may have to break out my lucky pink hat which for some reason has been on a bit of hiatus while fishing! :p Don't think it even made it on my head while in Kyuquot. :eek:

Good luck out there fellas.....we'll be on 31' Pursuit with an orange scotchman wedged in on the port bow.

Will keep an ear out on 88A as well....although it's not always heard over the tunes but if you DO hear a cowbell.....that's us. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving the Mrs. behind today to work on the veggie garden today before the rains and will be out with my bud in a 20 foot light grey Tiderunner with blue canvass from 4 on.
Let the games begin!:)

News from on the water... Orcas came thru last night so the morning bit was ok but definitely slower than yesterday. Orcas not around today so hopefully the afternoon picks up.

Nice!!

Will keep an ear out on 88A as well....although it's not always heard over the tunes but if you DO hear a cowbell.....that's us. ;)

And ya know ........... Ya Gotta Have More Cow Bell !! Good luck out there Scott ..... It.s been Great !

Cant go today, Trailer bearing repairs. Will be out soon enough, good luck all

HT

Wow; you guys are killing me!! Here I sit at my desk at work wishin' I was fishin'. Last Sunday I went out (got nuttin') and that seemed to be the only slow day for springs in the past two weeks! Is 6:30pm too late to start out there, as that's the earliest I can get my boat to the ramp! ARGGGG!!!! (Yes; Gotta have more cow bell!)

Back