Kitty Coleman 2013 reports

good report Katie B, ya it seemed a little windy yesterday, today is looking good so far and the high slack around 5 pm could be interesting.gotta love those June evenings out there

So Ruprick and I thought we would take the KnuckleBuster down and launch at Comox and head out to Kitty,well that wasn't happening as they are still working on the parking lot at the launch and you cant get in, so with cat like reflexes we decided in a stroke of genius to go to Pacific Playgrounds and launch there which is what we did and it isn't a very long run at all to Kitty.Around 5 pm we got and landed our first and only salmon a nice 10 lb er for the bbq,shortly after a pacific cod bit the hook and that was about all the action we could muster last night,saw a few doggies being caught and I think a few springs were boated but didn't see it like you can out there sometimes with fish being caught every where. we left early around 8 so there may have been a bite yet to come.Green & white coyote.beauty night on the water

Props out to the dude from Coastal Pacific Insulation who helped us at the Pacific ramp ,the 2 wheel drive couldn't pull the KnuckleBuster out so he hopped in his 4 by and put the trailer on and yanked us out like nobodys business.It was a nice gesture

gave kitty a try yesterday.. foul hooked 1 about 1o pounds and lost it at the boat...... lots of shakers at the surface fished 3 til 8
lots of boats.. not too many being caught last nite.. i am staying at pacific playgrounds and noticed there was a couple guys cleaning fish .
hope the wind dies down..

Tried today.... Well taking waves off my windshield not spray I mean waves. :( Big Wave Dave was really wrong today. But GLG and I plus two other boats stuck it out. Not much of a choice since it was low tide and the truck was at Kitty.

Blew a wheel bearing on the way home. Help needed before boat gets wet again.

Its wet but the sea is calm. Looks like a good fishing day.
Really low tide today. Its already too low of a tide for me to risk launching at pacific playgrounds
im waiting for the evening bite.

Just driving.... :(

At least I am getting out. A few members from the forum have taken me out in their boats and in mine so its not sitting idle.

Need a driver that knows how to catch? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't say it's on fire... Fished hard today for 8 hours for just a couple small fish. French Creek and Nanaimo and Powell River seem to be the hot spots.

Caught a couple of those last week I thought they were mackerel one them got bitten clean in half on the way up probably by dogfish it was quite messy ah well hopefully the fishing picks up soon

I've heard that there's been some repair work done on the main ramp at Kitty Coleman. Has anyone had a chance to check it out yet? From what I've heard, they have dredged at the very end of the ramp to make lower tide launches more possible, also some concrete work that was needed. Any comments?;) eman

I've heard that there's been some repair work done on the main ramp at Kitty Coleman. Has anyone had a chance to check it out yet? From what I've heard, they have dredged at the very end of the ramp to make lower tide launches more possible, also some concrete work that was needed. Any comments?;) eman
Yup that's true......

Back