Kitty Coleman 2013 reports

It's a baby pig eating between two adults amazing how sick the mind is fooled me when I saw it first time \ had to change avatar possibly offensive full pic in you know your wife is a keeper post in general

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont understand Roofus said you were using Blue Meanie maybe theres another Super Duper Guide out there we dont know about # 1 (Crabby)

Wasn't playing favorites just passing info from caretakers along could only hope to be as good as Cliff,Gil or Steve one day

Was out there yesterday ... beautiful morning.... fishing solo stood-up by my nephew....tons of bait all along the NE side of the hump in 230 ft of water... double header every other time I tacked through the bait... caught and released 10-12 fish mostly coho and small springs.... retained only one 10-11 lb spring, last fish of the morning... should have retained an earlier fish of about the same size to check stomach contents.....it would seem that the bait balls consist of large 7-8 inch herring....might have had better luck with larger fish using large plug or spoon..... anything plastic caught coho... bigger springs on 6 inch green/silver coyote and blue meanie cuttlefish.... should have gone out again this morning but will try on Saturday....

Very nice report there STM. Did you launch at Kitty and if so how was the launching conditions? I'm running a 17 1/2 ft. fibreglass so trying to figure out optimum time and tides suitable for launching and retrieving. Last year I needed about 11ft. for the small ramp and I try to stay clear of the big one. If I had aluminum it wouldn't be as much of a concern. Keep up the good fishing and reports.;) eman

Launched in Union Bay ...eaglemaniac.... early in the morning and got off just before the wind came up FA...would like to use the Kitty launch but a couple of tough outs keep me away from there....live in the Royston area so have gotten comfortable with the Union Bay launch

image.jpgit was on like nobody's business tonight 25 and a 23 two fourteens and tossed back about 6 around ten pounds give or take

The bait we pulled out of these was about 10 inches long but it was only bones and flesh any thoughts couldn't be herring that big could it, should have took pictures caught them all between 430 and 7 then couldn't touch one after that saw all that bait again boiling on the surface still not sure how capitalize on it, decent whale show too maybe grey or humpback huge grey tails saw these whales yesterday while on ferry to quadra yesterday caught all these fish while these whales were spraying and diving not to far away weird?

We saw you come out shortly before we headed in. Thought it was you..... Guess we left to early cause all the boys brought in were undersized.

BWD and EC were both wrong on the weather.... Good thing you didn't come up Newfie Boy all afternoon it was about 1.2-2 footers and capping. But I am guessing it flattened out and fishing got good once we left.

Nice work , Roofus!

That's something you don't see on ECVI too much....a guy using plugs......

You've re-inspired me........:)

The plugs were a suggestion from Jeremy Maynard who writes for the Campbell river paper fished one about thirty feet above a a flasher spoon combo only caught the one on plug thinking of trying the kone zone dummy but ill post over there not quite sure how to set it up there was a big grey aluminum boat out almost as late as us and it looked like he was picking up some big fish too, it's always weird when your just killing it and you see people picking up and leaving it was a little choppy for the little boat gets hard to steer the kicker but smoothed out about 630 anyways good to know some big fish are coming through and will probably end up at tribune soon.

Very nice report there STM. Did you launch at Kitty and if so how was the launching conditions? I'm running a 17 1/2 ft. fibreglass so trying to figure out optimum time and tides suitable for launching and retrieving. Last year I needed about 11ft. for the small ramp and I try to stay clear of the big one. If I had aluminum it wouldn't be as much of a concern. Keep up the good fishing and reports.;) eman
I've got a 17 fiber too I almost always launch at the big one if big wave Dave is saying 15 don't use it unless its high tide and you have two guys at a really low tide it gets a little more difficult helps if you have rollers and a lifted truck my friend with bunks can't even get the boat off before his muffler is under water I complained about this launch before but changed my mind because total fuel use to fish from here for a day is like ten bucks I would cost way more to boat here from anywhere else looks like they patched some potholes and caretakers said June 6 to June 9? Was repair days for launch took a while to get approval from dfo and six fn bands

Yes the DFO waterfront work window for this area starts june 1 and the tides are good 6-9 june. I've also got tayco booked one of those days to touchup the Pt Holmes ramp

Was too windy for my little boat yesterday at Kitty, so just trolled between Lazo and Hornby in the chop from 8am till about 2pm. Not a sniff till about an hour after low tide and for the next hour boated 6 smallies and my first real fish of the year 8lb'er. Was a good day to get the early season jitters out as I was by myself after noone else wanted to go fishing with me. In choppy weather my boat doesn't stay straight easily, dealing with both rods and riggers, even boated both ends of a double header with the second fish being the keeper. Couple more smallies around noon and that was all i could find. Saw a couple of big fish jump around me but caught nothing near the surface. All fish 90-120 feet, Irish Cream spoon and a two tone green hoochie. Good day. :)

Back