I Believe In Pod

To red stripe, or not to red stripe?

• Leave it!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Take it off as fast as possible

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
Annnnnnnnnnd done! For now… but at least she’s ready for the water! I’ll have more pics and ones in the water this weekend, when she goes in her slip. Thanks all for following along and for all your suggestions. I’ll keep updating this thread with upgrades and improvements this winter as there’s always lots to do. Special thanks to @Brando for the pod, great working with you and so happy with the way it turned out!
74354245780__E519D577-6EC2-462F-B8AA-6E14C53DA115.jpeg74354249875__854845EE-1E83-42A1-9281-DC950E2B4C00.jpeg

And yes the red stripe is coming off.

A little stripe backstory, it’s not the oem stripe or the oem placement of a stripe for a monaro. The previous owner put it on and even Brad is upset someone did that to one of his boats lol. So I feel like it’s gotta come off. (An oem monaro stripe should go right under the grey part of the hull).

A little stripe backstory, it’s not the oem stripe or the oem placement of a stripe for a monaro. The previous owner put it on and even Brad is upset someone did that to one of his boats lol. So I feel like it’s gotta come off. (An oem monaro stripe should go right under the grey part of the hull).
That explains why it looks like Ray Charles did the install.

Ok fak did I miss the sea trial pics and report?? Where are you tying up, Thunderbird? Fantastic to see her in the water!!!

Ok fak did I miss the sea trial pics and report?? Where are you tying up, Thunderbird? Fantastic to see her in the water!!!
Yeah at Thunderbird. Nope didn’t miss anything! Didn’t have time to really take her out today. Hoping to take her for a rip tomorrow eve after a big bath and detail.

It happened!! Sea trial was amazing, ripped it across the straight! Cruised at 26 knots, 4000 rpm, right around 3.7 gph. So happy with it, jumps up on plane and handles amazing. Can really feel the stretched hull and how nicely it rides.

The joy it brings me to have her back in her element is indescribable.

IMG_6363.jpeg
IMG_6366.jpeg

Before anyone mentions anything, yes yes yes, the stripe is still coming off. Give me a minute.

It happened!! Sea trial was amazing, ripped it across the straight! Cruised at 26 knots, 4000 rpm, right around 3.7 gph. So happy with it, jumps up on plane and handles amazing. Can really feel the stretched hull and how nicely it rides.

The joy it brings me to have her back in her element is indescribable.

View attachment 108815
View attachment 108816

Before anyone mentions anything, yes yes yes, the stripe is still coming off. Give me a minute.
Can you trim it out more while running now that the pod extension is on? That ride looks a bit wet for flat calm conditions...or was the plan to keep the bow down?

Back