Halibut Reports 2009 South Island

Wicked nice hog boys well done..

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Picked these exactly two weeks apart. Both weighed in at exactly 80lbs.
80PoundHaliFront.jpg
80lbhali05april2009002.jpg
/img]]

Sorry about the size of the pictures,I,ve just acquired my learners permit!

quote:Originally posted by allways

Sorry about the size of the pictures,I,ve just acquired my learners permit!

No problem,, with fish that size we will forgive yah..

Good job on the Hali's..

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Wow ! nice hogs.
We launched off Fleming also at 6:30 am and had two chickens and back at the dock at 8:30 . Was a great morning out there.

I have it on Video Scott, I stood the camera on a bucket on the seat and taped 3 minutes of utter mayham... Most of it is my butt though. I did have my trusty Yellow Lab with me to deckhand.

Ragu,Bags it was a last minute thing fuel the boat, derby prep, oh **** it im going fishing, blowin NW 25 kys or not[:p]

www.tailspincharters.com

quote:Originally posted by Tailspin

I have it on Video Scott, I stood the camera on a bucket on the seat and taped 3 minutes of utter mayham... Most of it is my butt though.

YOU PROBABLY SET IT UP TO TAPE UR butt.....sick %$#@

picked up a nice 60" hali today off the waterfront. How do you post a pic? The charts put it at 110lbs.

KillerKurrs
BaitBoy's Island Chapter

IMG_0401.jpg

Awesome fish, good job! How long to bring it in? It must have been laying on a rockpile with all those scratches on the underside.

only about 10min. Yes it was on a nice little pile. Harpooned it through the gills so it bled out nicely as it fussed at the surface.

KillerKurrs
BaitBoy's Island Chapter

sheesh... you guys are starting to make me a little "ill" down here with "no" fish! :(

Oh... Nice fish! :)

Back