Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

My tomato plants have really grown a lot in the last week.
My Candyland Cherry tomato plant has more flowers on it than I have ever seen.
My Sun Dipper plants are starting to show lots of fruit.
Last year one Sun Dipper plant produced over 1300 tomatoes in a season. They are like mini-Romano tomatoes but orange and sweeter.

One of the photos is from one picking of Sun Dippers, cherry, Romanos.

Attachments

• thousands of flowers.jpg
    thousands of flowers.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Sun Dipper tomatoes.jpg
    Sun Dipper tomatoes.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 11
  • one picking sun dippers, cherry Romano .jpg
    one picking sun dippers, cherry Romano .jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 11
They look great! My peppers did poorly in their seed cells and they’re still pretty small. If those are getting full sun all day, they would appreciate a bit of shade in the afternoon when it gets hot like this.
They're straight sun all day from 7-4. Still too much? They seem to be doing ok.

They look great! How hot are they, and how do you use them. I heard somewhere they make a good oil, paste, or something like that.
They're sweeter but still have heat. It's a more mellow, whole-mouth hot though, rather than a tongue burner. They have a very unique flavor that gives more of an umami punch vs. a thai chili or cayenne. I'll grind them fresh and add olive oil and vinegar in jars. There is a thing called Bomba which is more like a tapenad or chili crunch sort of deal that is very popular. I actually don't feel like italian dishes are complete without a bit of this chili in them. My Nono used to carry one around in his front pocket with a kinfe and add them to everything. He was a real hit at weddings. Give them a shot. Another fun fact, these are Bobby Flay's pepper of choice ;)

ironically less verbose and more the the point than most of the GPT generated blog spam articles that make up 90% of the google search results
Oh you don't like to hear about the author's childhood spending summers at their grandparent's cottage in Muskoka where they met the love of their life but sadly lost their beloved dog Betsy in a tragic lawnmower accident, thus leaving this recipe bittersweet for them?

Oh you don't like to hear about the author's childhood spending summers at their grandparent's cottage in Muskoka where they met the love of their life but sadly lost their beloved dog Betsy in a tragic lawnmower accident, thus leaving this recipe bittersweet for them?
I’m already getting irrationally annoyed just reading that 🤣

Never seen one of these buggers before. Over 2” long. Giant water bug and also called a toe biter lol. We poked it and it buried itself in the ground.

This isn’t really gardening related as these things are typically in marshes but it was creepy to see it run across the driveway and dive into the ground

Attachments

• IMG_7017.jpeg
    IMG_7017.jpeg
    576.3 KB · Views: 23
Back