Fuel Prices 2023

That’s really unfortunate, they’ve been great for keeping it lower in past years. That gas and go is terrible, they had water in their gas last year too.
Yeah i got some of that gas with the water in it, was the last time i've patronized them

Was 191.9 for marked premium in Hardy the other day but I se we went up 8 cents this morning. McNeil is usually the same or a little more. No more marked mid-grade anymore

Any other marked stations between Nanaimo and gold river? I know the shell in Campbell and gold river have it. Hoping to find an esso somewhere that has it but no luck so far.

Any other marked stations between Nanaimo and gold river? I know the shell in Campbell and gold river have it. Hoping to find an esso somewhere that has it but no luck so far.

I’m sure there are some places off the beaten bath but the shell in CR off the highway is pretty slick for getting in/out when towing.

I’m sure there are some places off the beaten bath but the shell in CR off the highway is pretty slick for getting in/out when towing.
It's likely where Ill fuel up, but would venture off track a bit for an esso for personal reasons...

2.25 for marked premium in Secret Cove this past week.

Does anyone know if there is any benefit to running a 4.3 vortec on Premium Marked gas. It’s basically a car engine so does it need Premium or is Regular just as good. Seems to me Premium is a waste?

Does anyone know if there is any benefit to running a 4.3 vortec on Premium Marked gas. It’s basically a car engine so does it need Premium or is Regular just as good. Seems to me Premium is a waste?
Never hurts, really gas is the cheapest thing we use in reallity 3 downriggers,3 islanders and matching rods, 3 halibut reels and matching rods and then all the tackle , insurance , BOAT $$$$$$. treat your boat its worth it LOL

Or run it on regular and throw in a can of seafoam twice a year ?

Isn’t the whole idea of premium the lack of ethanol in it? Otherwise, it’s a compression ratio thing. The higher the compression ratio, the higher octane you’re supposed to be running.
I thought that as well but if you’re essentially using a car engine in your boat??? Also I believe even Premium gas can now have up to 10% ethanol.

Motor vehicle applications are a sealed unit. Meaning your gas that’s in your car/truck doesn’t have a chance to breathe. Gas tanks in boats are designed to breathe which means they are constantly adding and subtracting air from the tank. Incoming air means more chance of water molecules being added to the fuel. Ethanol is hygroscopic, meaning that it absorbs water from everything. Whether that’s from the incoming air or from the condensation of the tank, who knows. After sitting for awhile, you can get phase separation in your fuel. The ethanol is heavier so it sits at the bottom of your tank. Fire up your boat after sitting for a couple months and it might be sucking up ethanol instead of fuel, which is really bad for anything rubber that that shizen touches. If you’re constantly adding fuel, it’s not a huge factor as it doesn’t have the chance to separate. Some people think that the idea is all a bunch of horse turds but I dunno…..science and all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Motor vehicle applications are a sealed unit. Meaning your gas that’s in your car/truck doesn’t have a chance to breathe. Gas tanks in boats are designed to breathe which means they are constantly adding and subtracting air from the tank. Incoming air means more chance of water molecules being added to the fuel. Ethanol is hygroscopic, meaning that it absorbs water from everything. Whether that’s from the incoming air or from the condensation of the tank, who knows. After sitting for awhile, you can get phase separation in your fuel. The ethanol is heavier so it sits at the bottom of your tank. Fire up your boat after sitting for a couple months and it might be sucking up ethanol instead of fuel, which is really bad for anything rubber that that shizen touches. If you’re constantly adding fuel, it’s not a huge factor as it doesn’t have the chance to separate. Some people think that the idea is all a bunch of horse turds but I dunno…..science and all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cars most definitely have a breather hose. They aren’t sealed. We just use them often enough to not let the gas go bad.

But yes, ethanol sucks. Especially in everything that doesn’t get used on a day to day basis

Back