Fuel Prices 2023

Yeah, the gas prices go up near summer. People will talk about Ukraine vs. Russia causing increases but not here. The bottleneck is at the refineries. More demand in summer so higher prices. Once everyone buys an EV, we should be golden. 😉

The cheap fuel for us is at Campbell River. It's worth the run up from Comox when we fish near Quadra.

$1.79 in sooke esso and diesel is i believe 1.63

Purple mid-grade is $1.73/l. at Gas N Go on Comox Rd.

Port Mcneil, Hyde Creek PetroCan $1.82.9 reg, $1.96.9 marine

Victoria harbour gas dock was $2.06 last week,almost a 20 cent markup from gas stations.I didn't think the markup was that much in the past.

2.12 Ukee fuel dock. 1.65 at the coop marked gas. Big spread when adding 700l to a boat.

Edit: 1.61l at the coop so almost 50 cents less than the dock (also get coop points on their fuel).

Last edited:
I can never understand why marine is more expensive when it has no road tax!
I think what drives the relatively lower prices for road fuel is competition from nearby competition. While the taxes are higher, the margins are much lower.
Your average marina probably has far less if any nearby competition, and most likely sets their pricing the same way they set their pricing on everything else; what the market will bear.

Gotta pay more for that grass fed organic non-ethanol marine fuel than you do for the regular stuff.

Marked premium at berry beecroft was 1.69 when I filled up last here in kelowna. Same price up the valley in Winfield and the station by Mara lake as well.

A new analysis finds the federal government’s plan to move to cleaner fuel sources will raise the price at the pump and have a negative impact on economic growth.

195 at petro can fuel dock in nanaimo, went up from about 183 because of the long weekend. 1.70 on land.

Back