Forum members BOATS

electrics are nice bb, but they do the exact same thing manual ones do. important thing is your out on the water! electrics are alot of $ that can be spent on other parts ;)

I have the feeling you dont fish the Kitty Coleman hump at 200-280 ft do you?? LOL!!!

I have never used a manual downrigger before. Me thinks it would be a pain in the butt to check and change gear when hunting for springs.

I have the feeling you dont fish the Kitty Coleman hump at 200-280 ft do you?? LOL!!!

I did for years and was normally solo. Makes you appreciate electrics but doesnt take the fun away by any means. Well maybe when doggies are thick.....

port4.jpg

I did for years and was normally solo. Makes you appreciate electrics but doesnt take the fun away by any means. Well maybe when doggies are thick.....

I fished a couple of manual riggers for years also. I remember how at the start of the summer it was always hard work cranking up that 10 or 15 lb ball; but by the end of the summer you could crank it up fast like nothing all day long.

I fished a couple of manual riggers for years also. I remember how at the start of the summer it was always hard work cranking up that 10 or 15 lb ball; but by the end of the summer you could crank it up fast like nothing all day long.

That's probably a good thing for me, I could use the exercise!LOL

no more trophy:)

Attachments

• 1 boat trip 003.jpg
    1 boat trip 003.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 681
quiet, very quiet, not very torque-ee, runs nice tho at 4500 rpm:D and a sipper.... 11gph at 28mph. runs even better on the fuel when have less than 1/2 tank..:cool:

Steelhead S2

"Over the years, a variety of boats have been produced by ALI-CRAFT. This includes a number of specialty boats for use in police patrol, Fisheries & Oceans, cabin boats and racing."

I bought the boat from the orginal owner who had it made for the west coast, I beleive Alicraft have moved towards jet boats but they still build what ever you want. The aluminum bimini was add as an after thought.

The guy I bought it off of had the whole boat made with enough head room to wear his cowboy hat LOL

Hey Big Green,

How do you like your Legend? Have you had it long? It looks new in the pic.

I've looked at them for years and always thought they'd be a good all-around fishing machine for someone not fishing for a living (all the guides I know have bigger machines than Legend offers) but that wants to chase a wide range of fish, and the value they seem to offer looks pretty darn good too. That goes for all of their boating products.

Hey Big Green,

How do you like your Legend? Have you had it long? It looks new in the pic.

I've looked at them for years and always thought they'd be a good all-around fishing machine for someone not fishing for a living (all the guides I know have bigger machines than Legend offers) but that wants to chase a wide range of fish, and the value they seem to offer looks pretty darn good too. That goes for all of their boating products.

She'll be two years old come October. I love it because it is very versatile - can get it in and out of small lakes in the mountains because it is vey light and can use rough launches. I also like dragging it up on beaches in the summer time. I have also taken it in the Fraser for sturgeon and again easy there to launch and set anchor. Easy to tow too. It also fits in my garage so a nice warm and dry place to store is always a bonus. I run it up and down the Alberni Inlet no problem it is very wide and stable. I get 25-28 mph with 2 adults top cruising speed but because it is only 16 feet it is a rough ride sometimes coming home in the pm up the inlet. The drawbacks are obvious- not a lot of room in the back for trolling salmon or trout in the big lakes in the winter- only had one double header back there and it was tight.

1996 Campion Explorer 185 been working on it since last October.Bought with no motor etc....
05-03-20119-11-20AM-P1010738.jpg

Nice boat, I just sold my Campion 552, the 542 and 552 are great boats. One thing i did that made it more comfortable was put a standup canopy on it, made a huge difference. It will handle rough water very well, enjoy.

I had a 18' Legend with a 115 Merc 4 stroke 8 hp kicker. I bought it when I lived in Abbotsford with the intent to use it once or twice a a year in the salt water and summers in the Shuswap and a little in the Fraser. Great boat, life time hull no leak warranty, 100 gauge fully welded hull, unlike Lund and much more reasonable priced.
I then moved to Campbell river, it's okay in the ocean, but it only lasted a year and a half before it had to go. It pounds pretty hard in anything bigger than a 2' chop and it wouldn't troll straight if i left the helm. This made it very difficult to fish by my self.

Back