E.C.V.I.

nice looks like the one I landed today nice catch mine weighted in a 25lbs hopefully more in the future! lol! french creek is the place to be!

Kelly thats alot of smack from a guy who lives in calgary you have not caught a fish that big either dont kid your self....
And way to go klob that is a nice fish (rachel is my valivictorian buddy if you didnt know) my names jon

Had a great day on the water and the weather was great for a change. Ran to French creek for a troll and nailed a 15lber. Ran across to Lasqueti to "talk to the locals" for a while and heard of a guy who got a 39lber last week.It was the same guy I met earlier in the year with a 30lb. That's two tyee for him.....Ayee!!! The run back was amazing, flat calm and awesome sunset. Stopped at French creek for a quick troll and hit another but didn't clear the other side and sure as heck he ran right for it and was gone. He was about the same size (15ish)and for the second week there's a fish with purple haze flasher and hootchie swimming around. BRS

Good to hear greg. Im going to hit french creek tonight and depending on my results hit it again or hit sangster. Got a report from sangster this morning and there are fish around over there. Most people hit one or two fish and geralds still coughin a few up. How deep and where at if you dont mind askin? I hate fishing FC but if there are fish ill try.

Ya I know what you mean about FC but at least you don't lose any gear on bottom. There were about ten boats out last nite and I didn't see any nets other than our own. Talked to KTAnna today and I got some news for you. Give me a ring at work.I'll be in til 7pm. All the fish at the creek were on purple haze flasher and hootchie on bottom at 200' straight out from the marina and troll towards Qualicum. BRS

Skunk fest off FC tonight. Not a touch in the 2 hours i fished and didnt see a fish. Oh well ill hit that good low tide in the morning on the otherside then its back in calgs[xx(]

ps Jon i got a 25 a few days ago... eat it JR guide

Skunked again. Fished hard sangster, ballenas, gerald and not a touch. Talked to about 6 boats and nobody had a sniff except bushy. Ran into him headin home at the sparbouy and lost two.

pretty sure this fits into the ECVI thread...

fished off the nanaimo fingers today, got nothing at all! not even a sniff. trolled everything in the box, at every depth imaginable and not a taste of the good stuff on the line. ahh well, next time!

Just talked to KT Anna and Sea Lover just brought a 49lb Hali trolling for salmon off French Creek. He saw it on the cleaning table. That's two so far this year, gotta like it. BRS

quote:Originally posted by bigredsnapper

Just talked to KT Anna and Sea Lover just brought a 49lb Hali trolling for salmon off French Creek. He saw it on the cleaning table. That's two so far this year, gotta like it. BRS
Shhhh, next thing you know D.F.O. will shut it down or have a commercial opening.

Buddy got a 12lb at French Creek on Sat. right on the bite then nothing. There was a 26lb taken at Gerald on Sunday. The tides this weekend are much better, should be good.BRS

Took the wife out this morning off Nanaimo.Trolled from 7:30 thru the bite till about 10:30 outside and north of Five Finger Island.Nothing.Decided to head in towards Neck Point but before we got there we landed a nice 18lb smiley.200 ft down using an Army Truck hootchie in about 500' of water.Couple of other bites today but nothing that hooked up.
Dave

Back