E.C.V.I.

Picked up 2 chinook last night in front of the creek. 1 about 15lb the other was a small feeder and was released. Two other boats both had fish in the high teens (these were nice fish )Night before last my buddy and his friend limited out in 2 hours:)

Fished Thrasher area Saturday & fishing was red hot. At least 40 boats almost every one I spoke to had fish. One boat from a well known shop in Richmond came in with ten fish. Various depths for us from 89ft to 185ft also for us anchovies and cop-car hoochies were the ticket. One landed 18lb, two lost and an undersize released. Sunday for us was a lot slower with three undersize thrown back. Saw a few other small ones tossed back by other boats. Everyone seemed to be trolling way north towards Nanaimo on Sunday.

If anyone finds a prawn trap with the name Joe Ferns on it, a call would be appreciated. Lost just southeast of thrasher. We figure it might have got swept into a deeper hole. that was the only downer on the trip.

cheers and tight lines.

Fished area 14 with my son Sunday AM. Limited out, 24, 22, 16, and 12 pounds. 1 fish at 200 ft, 1 at 240, and 2 at 220. 3 of the fish were taken on a green glow hoochie tipped with herring, the other on a green/white coyote. Have a pic but dont know how to post?

Fished area 14 with my son Sunday AM. Limited out, 24, 22, 16, and 12 pounds. 1 fish at 200 ft, 1 at 240, and 2 at 220. 3 of the fish were taken on a green glow hoochie tipped with herring, the other on a green/white coyote. Have a pic but dont know how to post?

Went out yesterday with the Tyee slayer and had a great day. Talked to Sea Lover before we left the dock and he was into several fish at French Creek so that's where we headed. Trolled in about 200ft right off the harbour entrance and TS hooked into a 20lb beauty and we bonked him. About half an hour later TS hooked into a Monster and handed me the rod and after a brief spirited scrap the line snapped. I know it was the one that got away but he was probably 30lb range(AYEE!!!)The look on his face said it all,he set the hook and knew it was a nice fish. I inspected the line and it was damaged right where it snapped.Trolled for another hour and nothing so we went over to Lasqueti for a couple Lings. We got our limit just outside False bay, and didn't even go in to talk to the locals. It calmed right down so we headed back across to French creek and TS hooked into another which he was nice enough to hand to me to redeem myself. Thanks TS he was a good scap and yes he ended up in the net despite all the gear still in the water, nice net job TS!!! All fish were on TS's side with a purple haze flasher and hootchie. I tried everything else on my side and squat. Came back with two nice salmon and two nice Ling and a much needed full day on the water. BRS

great to hear there are some fish. Im going to head out tommorrow night and fish FC. I have heard gerald is producing a few so will try and get the scoop. Greg you around tomorrow? i sent you an E

21' Trophy. Green&White anything, Army Truck and even had one break a hook dangling off a Turd.130'-180'. Good Luck.
Brian

Worked out some kinks in the boat but got skunked.Didnt fish to hard i had no idea of the tides and none of my electrical worked so no fishfinder ect. Fished 5:30-7:30.

Hey Kelly drag about the electrics, I'll be around this morning if you need some help with it. Where did you go? Sangster should be heating up real soon.I'll leave the hali rods in your boat, I assume your boat is still in? BRS

Just another Tuesday afternoon at French Creek.

IMG_5052.jpg

Nice fish klob i was looking but didnt see you. We went to french creek i actually trailered it up as the tide was way to low at beachcomber. My boats not in were heading to bamfield in the morning.Are you around this evening greg? I can drop by.

One of my electrics also is down the spool cracked in the middle and the brake no longer works so its a good thing i found all this out before bamfield. The electronics were down because of a fuse and wire that were laying in the back near the bilge. Had water all over them and were rusted out. Replaced it and everythings going again.

Hey Kelly, I thought your boat was in the water so I went looking for it this morning. Anyway I left all the hali gear and rods in my boat on the floor. Don't laugh when you see the bright green handle dohicky on my rod. Bushy got it from Scotty and I haven't tried it yet. If you don't like it just take it off and don't lose the nuts and bolts. I think it's definitely worth a try especially if you hook into a big guy.I'm around til 12:30, give me a ring. I also left a couple strap-ons, a spear and a flying gaff if you need'em. BRS

Nice fish Klob.

I was out fishing just off Qualicum Beach. Nothing.
Then I tried for some bottom fish. Nothing.
It was like the Dead Sea.

But there were some baitfish around and we ended up spotting a few small trout in the shallow water.

Someone call the fire Department, French Creek is on "FIRE". After many dry trips over the years her patiance pays off, Rachel slays. 1st fish, 24lbs.
IMG_5059.jpg
<

IMG_5067.jpg

Back