E.C.V.I.

I heard it had a golden flasher, green teaser head and about 100ft of line trailing off it to........:D Its easier bein here knowin its not gangbusters greg.

He caught it from the shore on a fly. Apparently a lot of guys are fishing with these clear floats and spinning gear and using flys.

Hey, is the guy with the 42 pounder named Brian???

He looks very familiar!

Are you sure it wasn't a rubber frog? Hey Kelly it's been slow but the weather has been great. Went for a rip on Monday with a buddy, went all around Lasqueti with stops at Jedidiah and Las. pub. Went to the LQ for the late bite and nothin. Trolled Gerald this morning for about an hour and nothing but a bunch of prawns. Going to the west coast next weekend and hopefully get some Hali and coho. I'll send some pics.

Good luck. If you want to fish the derby with us in oct no problem just email me. If work gets in the way you can drive up sat night and fish the sunday with us.

It's not work that would get in the way,it would be trying to justify another trip with the boys. Don't think it would fly with the warden...

Too cool, thanks :)

My husband used to work with Brian. That is a beautiful fish!

Thought i'd give this one a bump. Greg did you quit fishing? If you need a partner that bad, just buy the beer and I'll be there :D How was the Bamfield trip?

Hey Big Red have you come up with any dates for next years trip? When you get some dates in mind I will let the not so little Bro know. Maybe he will be able to book the time off?

Hey BC, I have'nt posted in a while. Going out today with Bushy, ther's gotta be some feeders around. I'm gonna drop the crab traps and see if my prawn traps are still around. I'm gonna phone Winter Harbour this week and check some dates. Another buddy phoned last week and said he's in and bringing his boat. That will be three boats for sure.Bamfield was tough goin, we only got 4 hali in three days for 2 boats. We trolled Fleming and Kirby and nothing.I'll send you some photos from today, I wish I knew how to post on this site.Maybe I'll learn how to text someday too!!Talk to you soon, give jinx a big sloppy smooch from me.BRS

Went down to the boat Yesterday and low and behold there were a pair of springs(15 and 17lb) on the board. They were caught by Reef Raider and I'll post the details as his boat was out at the time, must be something going on,F#*@*ng Eh!! Kelly are you home for Christmas?Let me know the boat is ready to go.

Randy the fireman with the Double eagle/Merc outboard parked on the inside behind me. I left a note on his car, he was out again yesterday so I'll let you know what's happenenin as soon as I know. Are you gonna put your boat in? He was probably at Gerald or Ballenas or maybe in the bay. I've heard a million times about tons of winter springs in the bay in December from the old timers but have never had a sniff.

Oh right hes a nice guy used to guide in the charlottes he said.The old timer i often fish with used to strip cast in the bay for them. Said they would nail them. Ill call him when i get back but i bet the fishery is dead like most since not much herring hang around the bay. Our boats done for the winter have it all winterized[xx(]

Randy still hasn't called, I'll phone the marina and see if there's any details.My boat is ready to go so if there's any around we'll be nailin em.

Don't forget your touque and long johns!!! We're supposed to get some more snow today and wind. My prawn traps are down and it's been good. Trolled Gerald and Ballenas on Monday, no fish and froze my nackers off but had a good day, we were the only boat again.

Back