Derby's Canuck emporium

Well when you have a team that doesn't score your coach knows you have to keep goals against really low...which means everyone blocks shots to help the goalie. When you block lots of shots every night....it is only a matter of time before players get hurt or banged up. If they could score 3 plus goals most nights they could back off on the shot blocks and the team would stay healthier. Blocking shots like maniacs is for the playoffs when it counts.

LET kes go if he wants lets break it down like Kiiper did last night...... leds the NHL in playing minutes does pk and pp top line center was in finals 2 times and now he wants to go.... great player but with a huge attitude, buddy of mine bumped into him with his family after a game they won in a restaurant. they asked for a autograph for his son he refused and apparently was rude to them in his response.

I get after a game (that you win) you may not want to be bugged but going into the public and not to be expected to be asked as THAT is part of the job.....

HE is an ASSHAT.....
The comments he made about the Canada Olympic team in 2010 and his own teammate Lou proved that i dont have much respect for a guy after that...

Wonder what the return would be. Heard kesler for kadri + extras but a guy I know was in room when nonis called back (had deal for grabovski and scrivens + 2nd for luongo) and demanded Canucks take half of luongos salary last years trade deadline and said the owner, aquilini, ripped the phone out of the wall after that and said they will never make a trade with Toronto as long as he is owner...apparently.

Another big option is New York. Stepan for kesler. And I'm sure Canucks would get more than just Stepan. But wonder what

I doubt he's going anywhere. It's just the sportschannel clowns need something to talk about

It's time for the owner to wake up and realize that management is struggling with the team. Players are frustrated with how this team is being managed. Hodgson, Schneider, Luongo, Kessler, Bieksa, etc. How does a team decompose so quickly? Management failing to keep players happy and excited to play here.
Kessler is our top goal scorer this year. If they trade that away, then it would be official, management would have to be declared incompetent.

In the Sucks case, it is the Coach. He has them all second guessing. Focussing on their weaknesses instead of building on their strengths. Remember, the Sucks fired a coach who won 2/3's of the time and was coach of the year. A few bad trades and Vancouver will replace Edmonton as a perpetual basement dweller.

back to the game last night...it was full of mistakes by both teams but hey we won...barely...:)

boy I miss Olympic hockey!

Oh lord......we took our run at Kesler with an offer sheet years ago, that ship has sailed. :rolleyes:

Give your mellon a rattle if you think we are "giving you" Brayden. Maybe Luke, but there won't be a quick jump to "give" the Nucks Brayden for a player on the downhill of his career who arguably only had 3 good seasons out of 9.

Ya..... Flyer nation wants him. :rolleyes:

LOL PIppen, just heard Lebrun interviewed saying the Flyers are interested in Kesler and the Canucks would likely be asking for......wait for it....... Brayden Schenn!

Watcha ya gonna do......, when Kess comes to you! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Sucks case, it is the Coach. He has them all second guessing. Focussing on their weaknesses instead of building on their strengths. Remember, the Sucks fired a coach who won 2/3's of the time and was coach of the year. A few bad trades and Vancouver will replace Edmonton as a perpetual basement dweller.

theb55, I know you don't like that av was let go, and I know you don't like Tort's, but who made those calls? BTW it's the nucks.

The PP is an embarrassment. Some of that has to lie at the feet of coaching. You'd think over the course of a season the PP would get hot at least once...nope, not if you're the Canucks.

Suck it up buttercup.............

;)

Back