Derby's Canuck emporium

Gee pips, I can foresee another purple nipple twister in the works...:)

I'll give it to myself.....so many loops in some commentary.

I liken it to the trade deadline when fans lose their mind because their team didn't pick up a top 6 forward. Trades don't happen automatically because ONE GM wants it to....their are two sides. Wait til the deadline....then o on o the Canucks forum from their site, ou'll see what I mean.

I'll stand up or the Nucks and the armchair critics who babble pie in the sky stuff all day. Their are facts behind so much of what is criticized that 'puck watcher' fans don't get.

Nuka week criticized for years about lack of grit, they add players and play a game like in LA a few weeks back and everyone still criticizes.

Hodgson/Kassian trade....critics drive me nuts. So much in that trade beyond just simple points per player.

K.......rant off. :p

I'll give it to myself.....so many loops in some commentary.

I liken it to the trade deadline when fans lose their mind because their team didn't pick up a top 6 forward. Trades don't happen automatically because ONE GM wants it to....their are two sides. Wait til the deadline....then o on o the Canucks forum from their site, ou'll see what I mean.

I'll stand up or the Nucks and the armchair critics who babble pie in the sky stuff all day. Their are facts behind so much of what is criticized that 'puck watcher' fans don't get.

Nuka week criticized for years about lack of grit, they add players and play a game like in LA a few weeks back and everyone still criticizes.

Hodgson/Kassian trade....critics drive me nuts. So much in that trade beyond just simple points per player.

K.......rant off. :p

If Kassian came to play every night it would be a non-issue. Both are completely different players with different roles to fill. At the time Canucks were looking to toughen up. They will need to change out more personel than one player. Said it at the beginning of the year.........Nucks miss playoffs.........Gillis fired..........now we can start to build a Stanley cup team. It has to get bad before it can get better.

Another day another game.. Lets hope they get some breaks and some guys back from injury.... Torts will be free this afternoon :)

Miss me :) sorry I was in a NHL GM course so I could learn something about the game seeing as I am lacking knowledge. Hopefully then I can keep up with the GM of Hockey Operations of SFBC. Now how did the nucks do? Did zack show up or was he told to take it easy coast a bit and wait till he is 33 then sign a big fat paycheck for the twilight of his carreer :p Anyhow trying to get a trip to Hawaii for the next part of the GM training something about a dumb hang loose pose to gain credibility :)

Purple haze @ 420.gm

Good luck!

Take notes in the "Everybody is tradeable for MY team as hockey trades are easy to do" seminar!

Also...find out the current furniture trend for armchairs.

Hey Pippen, while I fully agree with you that armchair GM'ing is easy enough to do while the real thing, particularly in manufacturing viable trades, is exponentially more difficult, the thing that pisses a lot of us Nuck fans off is the fact that Gillis and the Canucks keep airing all their dirty laundry thus putting themselves at a severe disadvantage in any trade negotiations.

When it comes to the Hodgson fiasco, there are two sides to every story but the Canucks, and Vigneault's ego in particular, bear a lot of the responsibility for that relationship. Be that as it may, if it's kept in house you have a very marketable young talent that you can get some return on. Instead, Vigneault and the Canucks get into a public battle with the Hodgsons and, as such, can't get fair market value from any GM in the league as they have this info over Gillis. What further pisses a lot of us fans off is how many Canucks fans live in a state of denial and try to pretend like that was a fair trade and that Kassian is a comparable player to Hodgson. Kassian is a long shot project and I feel bad for the kid given the unreal expectations put on him because of the Canucks mishandling of the Hodgson issue.

Same goes for the Schneids trade. Canucks knew Schneider's value as he was already starting to post better numbers than Luongo yet they sign Luongo to that ridiculous contract. Fair enough if he's their number 1 but we all know how that played out - ugly and publicly again. Result - no way anyone would trade for Luongo for anywhere near market value and Schneids went for a discount. Gillis further handicapped the situation as he wouldn't entertain better offers for Schneids within division, even though the league reorganized for this year. While I like the prospect we got from NJ, Schneids is again top 5 in avg and save % despite a horrible NJ team in front of him the first half. So again, a big loss on that trade all because of the public goalie controversy that a competent management team would have avoided.

Really difficult to defend Gillis and the Nucks management on either of those.

Ukee

Good luck!

Take notes in the "Everybody is tradeable for MY team as hockey trades are easy to do" seminar!

Also...find out the current furniture trend for armchairs.

perhaps we could start a sfbc trade roster...a good way to reintegrate the disabled/banned members...;) :D

Good post Ukee, I do have much respect for Lou on how he handled the boon dog of last year, and I hope he plays well in the near future as Price has absolutely tanked in time for the Olympics. I wasn't going to even mention the Schneids trade, but major mistake. Have to admit that I have not seen Bo play all that much but the IIHF championships over Christmas he did not impress me at all, considering what you gave up to get him I was expecting him to stand out. 3-1 Detroit tonight, flame away :)

Predicting they will miss the playoffs! Not that it matters they weren't going anywhere even if they made it in. If you aren't playing for Chicago, Boston, Anaheim, San Jose, Pittsburg and maybe LA you might as well start planning your golf dates for this spring.

Wow the performance this team put together in the 3rd period last night was a disgrace.. With Lack standing on his head to keep them in it the rest of the team looks like they could care less out there. No goals in 16 games for the sedin twins, funny because they were both ripping it up early in the season, then they sign a nice cushy contract extension and they completely disappear on the ice. Only thing to look forward to is Gillis getting canned at the end of the season..yahhh

Back