Commander 26 Re Build

It took me just over a year to do my project. That was just to get it in the water and make it useable. I’ve been working on it ever since.
Managed to put 160 hours on the main from May long weekend to now. Not sure how many hours on the kicker.
Stick with it!! You’ll get there and it will be awesome!

The boat looks amazing and most of the hard work is done.Everything from now on will be way more fun than fiberglassing ,and more expensive of course.Enjoy each new step towards the end result no matter how long it takes,this is a once in a lifetime build.

Speaking of the pod, you have to nail the color and finish on it now. It has to look factory(ish) or you'll ruin this boat. No pressure.
I’m not a powder coat fan but if you do the surface prep properly and use epoxy below the waterline all holes drilled beforehand etc etc it will last a reasonably long time.

Have used him in the past he has samples you can take and match up to make sure the color is bang on. http://viciouscoatings.com/

I’m not a powder coat fan but if you do the surface prep properly and use epoxy below the waterline all holes drilled beforehand etc etc it will last a reasonably long time.

Have used him in the past he has samples you can take and match up to make sure the color is bang on. http://viciouscoatings.com/

Longest I've ever seen is 4 years before the bubbles start. Nightmare

Endura / awlgrip only way to go for long term results. Another plus to that is you can pretty much match the off white tone of 90 percent of white gel coat

This rub rail is beautiful and yes I did start getting worried about my other components to the boat, make sure they are up to par with the rail, so I couldn’t help myself to fit in one window to see how she looks. Keep in mind we are at 800 grit around the windows and not polished yet94984741-6942-410B-A032-06123E81CBE0.png

One thing at a time guys, but I’m starting to shy away from power coating.
Look you you started @kaelc with your pod wet dream fantasies
It's not my cup of tea, just a few other sickos on here! I have no desire to pod anything after watching your and others' hard work. It is looking good, it will definitely be better than any 200k new boat when she is done. Pod ordered?

It's not my cup of tea, just a few other sickos on here! I have no desire to pod anything after watching your and others' hard work. It is looking good, it will definitely be better than any 200k new boat when she is done. Pod ordered?
Yeah it’s on my Christmas list, I’m hoping I was good this year just got to make sure Santa can fit the pod under the tree

Back