Commander 26 Re Build

Was not aware. All of the talk about raising the deck, I thought that was so there could be a self bailing feature. Thanks.
Oh ok I see . Yeah the issue is the decks are actually a bit too high. Dropping them a bit would still allow the boat to be self bailing and also make the step into the cabin much shorter. It’s an expensive modification but would make a big difference .

Few more baby steps
Super happy with my side windows after installing the inner frames, looking forward to new rubber seals especially on the front windows. Front windows are just set in place, need to clean, seal and secure them. Installed strips for the headliner and a little something for myself on the sides of the boat. Made it out to fibretek today, locked and loaded now IMG_0124.jpegIMG_0123.jpegIMG_0121.jpeg

Was not aware. All of the talk about raising the deck, I thought that was so there could be a self bailing feature. Thanks.
He’s not raising the deck. He’s lowering it. So there’s no step to get into the cockpit. And will still be above water line

Put in a 6 hour shift today, retorqued the lower rail hardware, it really needed it. Replaced a few screws that I didn’t like. I haven’t glasses in a while and wanted to start somewhere in the cabin. There was a few spots where the deck meets the hull that wasn’t glassed for some reason so started out with that. Thought about glassing in all the rail hardware but it took 7 layers by the time it covered the nuts. It’s sealed good but will add some sika on top of any exposed nuts, just in case.
IMG_0126.jpegIMG_0127.jpegIMG_0128.jpegIMG_0129.jpeg

So much easier to go in the cabin door. Will you have storage under the deck?
Oh for sure, should be lots of storage space

Right now the deck is resting on the floor, the lip on the deck for the door is supposed to slide ontop the ply in the cabin door way,

Last edited:
Back