CANUCKS'- 2010

Versteeg just got moved............... Thomas Kaberle..
Jus putting it out there.....C'mon Burky

Wife just told me Snepts is getting hoisted to the 'Ring of Honor' tonight.

Couldn't have made a better choice myself for the Nucks all-time best D-man.
I'll never forget how he and Bubbla backstopped them to the 82' final. They was the 'Wall of China' they was...

Versteeg just got moved............... Thomas Kaberle..
Jus putting it out there.....C'mon Burky

Oh lord.........you want him here for a rental; cuz we sure aren't gonna sign him at what he's going to demand? He's only waived his clause for one team thus far....and that's the Bruins.

I sure hope they don't do it tonight when the Canucks are in Nashville and the "Phone Booth" (arena ;)) will be completely devoid of anybody except a bunch of staff getting the place ready for the Harlem Globetrotters on Friday night. ;) :p

The ceremony will actually be happening on March 14th.

Bieska out 3-4 weeks with foot fracture

God bless...........and PROTECT Sami Salo!!!! \

Bubble wrap :)

is there any defence man left on the Moose right now?

Friggin Great!!!!! Will the last "d man" on the bench turn off the lights! Time to raid the farm team again could be a callup from the "Farmed Salmon Kings" LOL

is there any defence man left on the Moose right now?

I hear Hodgson is playing D and they may "call down" Tambellini to stand in on the blue line. ;) :p

The earlier post about the trade for Ian White doesn't seem so far fetched now. :eek:

Couldn't have made a better choice myself for the Nucks all-time best D-man.
I'll never forget how he and Bubbla backstopped them to the 82' final. They was the 'Wall of China' they was...
Yeah right up until he passed the puck to Mike Bossy from the Islanders in the first OT of the first game of the finals. Everything went downhill from there. (Not that I am still bitter about it after only 27 years) :-)

I think honourable mention should also go to the following:
Doug Lidster
Paul Reinhart
Garth Butcher
I am sur ethere are others that don't come to mind quite so quickly

Snepts...I'll never forget how he and Bubbla backstopped them to the 82' final. They was the 'Wall of China' they was...

Snepts...a good one for sure...though unfortunately best remembered for his pass to Bossy for the game winner in Game 1. Amazing what you can find on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju1Gfa_muak Even worse than I remembered...2 seconds left in OT, so many options but shot it right up the middle. Then NYI went on to sweep and the rest is history. Lifelong Canucks fan says "ugh, that's a painful memory".

On another note...Bieksa out now too, wow, that's some bad luck on D. Maybe they will bring back Snepts for more than just the Ring of Honour!

PS ha ha, sorry for repeated post...great minds remember alike FinAddict

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Pip! Just goes to show - don't listen you your wife!

When I referred to the 82' playoff run as being great, I wasn't referring to the shellacking the Islanders gave us. Sheeesh!

I challenge you to name a Nuck's D-man who stomped-out more offensive rushes than did Harold during a similar time period as the 82' playoff's?

It certainly wouldn't be Rienhart - a veteran Flamer' leftover who lasted what, one season or so?

Thanks Pip! Just goes to show - don't listen you your wife!

When I referred to the 82' playoff run as being great, I wasn't referring to the shellacking the Islanders gave us. Sheeesh!

I challenge you to name a Nuck's D-man who stomped-out more offensive rushes than did Harold during a similar time period as the 82' playoff's?

It certainly wouldn't be Rienhart - a veteran Flamer' leftover who lasted what, one season or so?

Sadly, memory being what it is, nearly all the 82 run is erased for me, other than that pass and 3 or 4 other key moments. Since we're talking ancient history, highly recommend the Tony Gallagher book Towels Triumphs and Tears: The Canucks Unlikely Run to the Cup Finals, should you ever run across a copy. Fun to re-live it, even if just flipping through the photos.

[Hawks Grant Mulvey purposely chopping Lars Lindgren in the face to spark his team, then getting absolutely pulverized by Ron Delorme ... a turning point in that series and an all-time classic photo...hey youtube comes through again...love the organ playing during the line brawl]

Game sucked! Over & out...

(Sooka': My memory is pretty much same as yours as besides the standout play of Harold during that run the only other thing I really remember was when Tiger Williams pinned Billy Smith down and pounded him good for all the shin-hacking he did with his stick. Smith was a dirty S.O.B. that way.)

game sucked, lol...good times...how far are u guys gonna make it?...holmes*

Ya they sucked-bad ice,3 games 4 nights, both bad goals where off the Canucks regular D-man but the
rookies did well.Still out shot them and did really well for being down 5 D-man
Sat a new night and we will take the Hawks out this year :)

Chicaga has to make it there first...........
Kaberle is taken.
I hope they do find a way to pick up a solid D man before the deadline. All we needs

Who you cheerin for in the playoffs holmes*?

Back