CANUCKS'- 2010

I'll bite Holmsey, and disagree with you. Why, you ask 2-Dogs Fu#king? Well, where do I start...?

There's something different this year; not sure what it is but it's palpable. Is it the way my Nuck's-flags on my truck seem to not be twisted up as much and fly fully unfurled, like some proud conveyance that there's something imminent and very BIG that's about to happen? Is it the way Lou seems humbled and more focused this year after being sent from the playoff's in disgrace last year? Is it the way Kessler's early season turnaround appears to have fueled his decision to take and make that final step up into the ranks of 'Superstardom'? Is it the way 'the Sisters' have basically become unstoppable regardless of how deep they are analyzed by their opponents? Is it the way every last member of the team seems to believe in their Coach and actually play for him? Or, finally, is it maybe that this entire club, from ownership to waterboys, seems to realize that they really owe the town of Vancouver something for all the years (40 of em') of undying support and patience in spite of endless years of some terrible hockey, some good tries, and near misses that didn't get us a visit from Stanley?

Hard to explain Holmsey. There's just something in the air.

Its called cup fever!!! Something Chicago had last season and they will have again in 2057. How old are you Holmes? LOL

The devil strides into his domain to see all the imps and demons standing around shivering with icicles hanging off their snouts!
He yells HEY! Whats going on!? An imp says, sorry boss can't help it, the Nuks won the Stanley Cup!

I'm so disappointed!!! Holmes had to wait so long for this chance to say something after a loss and that was it? LOL

lol Pips.......

Every team has crappy ref games.... Spotting a team a 3 goal leads doesn't help a cause either.

I just hope we make the playoffs

I just hope we have a few "D-man" left-I sure hope they put "bubble wrap" on Salo for Friday practice :)

same as last year, nucks all of a sudden short on the back end...a trade or aquisition is inevitable, maybe willie will return for a second tour of duty?...salo should be put in one of those giant sumo wrestling suits, lol...holmes*

I wouldn't say inevitable...."if" Edler does come back for the regular season we may be in "cap" trouble, but Ballard is to be gone for only 3 weeks. Hamhuis....who knows but it didn't sound too bad although it DID look bad.

I don't think Willie is coming this way with his contract right now. Closest thing to him coming "this way" is back to Kyuquot in late July. :p

lol @ kyuquot, never know he may be here in april for the first round of the playoffs...holmes*

Ha ha.....true enough!!!

I feel a little bit more confident making the call on Kyuquot at this point of the season though. :p ;) :cool:

Can anybody tell me why the Sedin's never seem to show any emotion on the ice? They skate around and do there thing, witch is usually pretty impresive. I'd just like to see a little more physical edge to them. Time after time the opportunity is there for them to really unload , and cream somebody, but it seem's they'd rather slow down and bump into them, or just turn away. Hendrik is the captain, and he should set an example once every blue moon and step into some-one and knock them on there butt!! These guy's are not small men, but I wonder if they afraid they might get hurt. Don't get me wrong, I think they are talented offensive player's, but if they are to go deep into the play-offs it wouldn't hurt to show some grit. We don't want to have to start calling them the sister's again do we?

Crosby and Ovie hit everything that moves. Henry is at 852 games or some such number with zero games missed and Daniel is not far behind. Crosby is out and Ovie already looks to be slower than a year or two ago. Hitting is a calculated risk with the hitter absorbing punishment too.
I don't know if the Sedins can lead the team to a cup or not but in all likelyhood they will at least be healthy enough to play.
The Canucks look like they may be starting to coast a bit. They have another tough game on Saturday.

Did Gretzky ever cream anyone? He might have whined a few players into submission but even so he won, what 4 cups. Hitting isn't their job, Henrick is a play maker, Daniel the trigger guy. My only complaint is at times they are to predictable. Henrick needs to fake passes once in awhile and take a shot and let Burrows or Daniel go for the left overs.

The sedins have always played this way. I remember when they would intentionally let the puck get away from them when they were on the boards so they wouldn't get hit hard. They have come a long way since then. I don't think the physical game will ever come around with them. They are play makers and do a good job of it.

Amazing.. 2nd and third in the scoring race and some people want more out of them or criitcize thier play. Give it a rest guys. I was a sisters trasher at one point too, but its pretty hard to argue with the success they are having this year.

Amazing.. 2nd and third in the scoring race and some people want more out of them or criitcize thier play. Give it a rest guys. I was a sisters trasher at one point too, but its pretty hard to argue with the success they are having this year.

Or the past couple years..............
A D guy wouldn't be bad at the deadline but at the same Tanev and Sweatt seem to hold their own....... Cant say that for one or two regulars

As far as Swedes' go, it was said that it's not in there DNA and I would back that up. Foresberg notwithstanding, name a Swede NHL'er that played with Smyl or Linden type grit. Look back at the Swede's the Nuck's had: Gradin, Sundstrum, Nazzy, the Sister's to name a few, all top-shelf skaters with surgically devastating wrist-shots but no grease. It's not there style and yet it's workin' fine for us right now. I will add that Edler is starting to throw his weight around some.

This is the reason that Kessler would have been my choice to wear the 'C', regardless that he's a Yank.

I think everyone needs to take a pill and just enjoy the games, the winning, being at the top of the league, in the top 3 or 4 in most of the important stats this year. The playoffs aren't far off and that is when the true season begins. Judge their season and stats after the teams last 2010-11 game is played.

Back