Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Is it just me or do you see multiple things wrong with this wiring? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/334745548147952/
i've seen way worse. I just redid mine while i have my boat home for the winter for the first time and got rid of all the same color wire (red). it was unbelievable. found hidden fuse holders behind my cuddy cover panels for all my bilge pumps as well as the ones on the switches.

i've seen way worse. I just redid mine while i have my boat home for the winter for the first time and got rid of all the same color wire (red). it was unbelievable. found hidden fuse holders behind my cuddy cover panels for all my bilge pumps as well as the ones on the switches.
Why did you get rid of red coloured wiring?

If you are going to do it, may as well do it right.

View attachment 73127
I thought he got rid of red altogether. That’s doesn’t make sense. I have reds and yellows 6 gauge going from batteries to battery switch to distribution boxes near the helm. 12 gauge reds and yellows to power everything at the helm from the distribution boxes.

lucky for me I have an 18’ boat so I don’t need to have 400 spools of different colour wires like the chart in your picture hahahah

Why do all the seasport / orcas / gradys only have brackets and not actual full length pods?
I believe most pods on fiberglass boat are an extra expense or add on “Armstrong aluminum pods” for example, so would add more expense and complexity to the boat. An aluminum you just need longer sheets of aluminum for the hull extension so could be a little easier?

Back