Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

He dropped the new power into though, right? So this is likely closer to his cost.

The original posting shows a D4 - 225 so it may be the original power just cleaned up.
https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm...str=1&lotnf=1&frmsr=1&sf=ferm-clos&saleType=A

Item:23' Fibreglass Boat with TrailerMinimum bid:$ 9,990.00Closing date:15-November-2022 @ 6:05 a.m. PDTQuantity:1 (lot(s))Description :
23' Fibreglass Boat with Trailer
  • 23' Boat:
    • Manufacturer: Hourston Glascraft
    • Model: Sedan
    • Hull Material: Fibreglass
    • Serial Number: ZHG15115N910
    • Commissioned: 2011
  • Motor:
    • Manufacturer: Volvo Penta inboard
    • Model: D4-225
    • Hours and operating condition: Unknown

It’s the same boat, he shipped one out here to be sold.
The seller was on here discussing it, and I believe his impetus to bring it back to BC was based on the reaction and comments in the original thread(s). Thunderbird had a video on it describing the boat and it's "time capsule" condition.

Interesting. The D4 has got 25 more hp than my D3 and is also aluminum, so it should be light in the stern [my D3 is 500 lbs lighter than the 260 hp gas engine]. Interior is pretty utilitarian, but lots of functionality...somebody will get a good boat.
D4 is a cast iron block and head

D4 is a cast iron block and head
Again interesting. One source said D3, D4 and D5 are aluminum, but it turned out it was referring to cars. Volvo Penta says cast-iron for the D4 marine engines. From what I found the D3 and D5 marine engines are aluminum.

Last edited:
Not my favourite motor but dang boats almost seem cheap nowadays..

Basically priced for a repower. That kicker looks good. A new 26 foot boat is like 250k new. Trailer looks a little light but at least isn't only 10 years old. Would be worth a sniff

Seaswirl Striper 2600wa. w/300HP E-TEC G2. Low hrs. PRICED TO SELL​

CA$43,000 drop from CA$49,900
Listed 13 weeks ago
13 weeks ago
in Campbell River, BC

Hurry hurry..! Motor swap with a lease return this winter.

2002 Bayliner Trophy for sale 150 outboard dual axle trailer included. CA$19,600​

View attachment 108781View attachment 108782View attachment 108783View attachment 108784
Dang that’s interesting
Would allow for buying a small lot and leave the boat on the coast and fish all summer then go back home for winter
No hauling boats around and having a base on the island would be priceless

Last edited:
Dang that’s interesting
Would allow for buying a small lot and leave the boat on the coast and fish all summer then go back home for winter
No hauling boats around and having a base on the island would be priceless
Park it at my house. Lots of room... for boats 😏

Not a Grady tho. ;)
Ya I know and not twin able
But cheap enough to buy property and still have some left over compared to a Grady lol
Couple 232s across the line by the time you’re home it’s 100 plus !
And from what a few have said on here they are capable boats who knows what I’ll grab when the time comes but I do like the idea of a spot of my own on the island

Ya I know and not twin able
But cheap enough to buy property and still have some left over compared to a Grady lol
Couple 232s across the line by the time you’re home it’s 100 plus !
And from what a few have said on here they are capable boats who knows what I’ll grab when the time comes but I do like the idea of a spot of my own on the island
Cambell river and start practicing my rowing
Lol

Back