Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Not sure how tha smaller ones handle, 682 is a great handling boat, the only issue I have with campion is ?? If not taken care off well, rinse out with fresh water and kept clean, they deteriorate real quick, and really poor access for repairs, not much access under floors and anywhere for a matter of fact
Exactly, that’s why I would highly recommend a surveyor who knows how to look for mush and rot

Any thoughts about this Campion CC? Anything specific with this model that should be looked at more closely?
That's a pretty hefty price IMO. But if it checks out fine and motor is solid, I guess it's a "good buy" in today's market?

Lots of fish in the sea….

I think it's a supply and demand problem? Do fibreglass boats around that age usually have rot and aren't worth fixing if they were moored? Pedder Bay has a bunch of hulls laying around that look like 16 DE. They likely have been keeping their boat rather than flipping them and same with lodges, build aluminums and run them longer?

The number of boat makers and affordable boats being sold new and used continues to decline. The $1000 tinny isn't being made or sold any more. Big companies make so little on small boats they stop making the c-dory 16 despite its popularity as a fuel efficient hard top, not sure what the smallest Boston whalef is these days?

That double eagle seems cheap to me from a cost of ownership perspective and if it's a well kept cream puff, but she's a pretty old engine, but looks sweet w that stainless prop, that seem to be over a grand to buy new these days.

Big boats and new boats during a recession are another matter. Lots of price drops especially moored ones. A new c-dory 25 with air-conditioning was at a dealer for 220usd and has seen price drops to $169k usd and the dealer is saying make reasonable offer. Only 2 used 25 c-dorys for sale in North America right now, both will likely sell quick as there are tons of boat shoppers in theory. But coming up with 20k cad or 100k ,which a 19 year old c-dory 25 will cost, isn't easy even for the guys I know are shopping in that price range, thankfully they can take their time.

26 tolly 22k and he has to pay moorage every month. Might be worth making an offer if someone can stomach the inboard cost. 10 foot beam.
I swear some of these boats could solve the housing crisis, these look very comfortable, they may be part of my retirement planning …

I swear some of these boats could solve the housing crisis, these look very comfortable, they may be part of my retirement planning …
Many in Vancouver Harbour are used for that exact purpose, but every strong windstorm a couple of them end up on the beach, never to be resurrected.

I don't know about "custom built",it looks like a stock production boat to me,but it is a rare bird to find these days. The Hourston 18's were great hulls and this looks very clean ,well cared for.I haven't seen that colour before,so maybe that's the "custom" part.Should sell fast.

I don't know about "custom built",it looks like a stock production boat to me,but it is a rare bird to find these days. The Hourston 18's were great hulls and this looks very clean ,well cared for.I haven't seen that colour before,so maybe that's the "custom" part.Should sell fast.
Maybe "custom" refers to the red tuck n roll upholstery. Tandem trailer is a nice bonus.

wonder what boat builders were thinking when it came to colors back then ?
green ,gold,orange, blue, red....
70's and 80's designer faux pas ?

Back