Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still hoppin' but gotta be in the right place at the right time.;)

Hali longlining on close banks making that a bit tricky at the moment but great if you don't go where they just were...

If one inshore spot isn't producing - move! They are there.

Gimee the gaff!!!

Coming out this week and would like to know what VHF channel guys run. Boat is a 27 ft Sea Ray Amberjack. "Terra Ann II" I'm from the interior and haven't been out to Bamfield in few years. I'm hoping the weather allows some outside fishing and just looking for an additional safety factor. See me at the dock stop by for a BS and a bevy.

fished Thurs evening, most of Friday and a couple hours Saturday morning...sorry we missed you Osama, cell battery **** the bed...you probably enjoyed the day off anyway.
Very slow fishing inside this weeked...radio chatter from Diplock, Pil, Kirby, Swale, Beale, Whistle Buoy, Cree etc etc...everyone struggling.
We ended up with 7 all from Swale (8 to 18 lbs). Most came on 5" copcar or T-Rex hootchie, largest fish taken with a 5" 600 Tomic plug. Fed the seal a beauty at Kirby Friday morning...30 mins later the ****** chased the flasher nearly onto the swim platform. Seal grabbed one at Swale Saturday morning, but let go right away.
Absolutely nothing at Pil.
They're around, but seem to be scattered right now.

degree, would you say the early bird gets the bigger worm???

whenever we head out there we dont get ours until 9 or later a majority of the time

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that our salt water ice machine is up and running and anyone who needs flaked salt ice can get it at Mills Landing. Bagged or bulk.

You can also come in and get commercial vac packing too for your fish, so if you want ice or vac packing stop in at Mills Landing.

Sheldon or myself will hook you up.

-millsy

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that our salt water ice machine is up and running and anyone who needs flaked salt ice can get it at Mills Landing. Bagged or bulk.

You can also come in and get commercial vac packing too for your fish, so if you want ice or vac packing stop in at Mills Landing.

Sheldon or myself will hook you up.

-millsy

hey thats excellent - was out on the weekend and got a few salmon - there was no fuel anywhere -cept poetts nook - any word on the fuel supply?

lordofthesprings

hey thats excellent - was out on the weekend and got a few salmon - there was no fuel anywhere -cept poetts nook - any word on the fuel supply?

lordofthesprings

Bod...that seal at Kirby give you any trouble? Followed about 50' behind my boat the whole time we were there...we didn't stay long as it seemed a little hopeless.
He'd look good mounted on your wall;)

Bod...that seal at Kirby give you any trouble? Followed about 50' behind my boat the whole time we were there...we didn't stay long as it seemed a little hopeless.
He'd look good mounted on your wall;)

do you guys have a pellet gun or like slingshot on your boats?? is that allowed or no? thinking of buying a slingshot just in case...... unless thats HIGHLY illegal... (keyword highly) ;) ;) ;)

what about a blasting cap inside a shaker with 50 feet of wire? That should be a sure thing. Those things are wicked, probably blow its head right off..

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

We are allowed paint ball guns in the states.
Works great, the seals actually start to recognize your boat after you make contact a few times and go after other boats.
Are paint ball guns allowed up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back