Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'll be out for the weekend. It's about time too! Will be fishing the wall, and only the wall, so hopefully there are a few around there.

Havnt heard from you in a while.. Im gettin stoked.. Pumpin money into the tub, hope to make some of it back, and if I dont, thats ok too!

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

The FD , how you doing buddy?

It's been a while. Coming to town at all?

Thinking of doing a Renfrew trip in the next week or two.

How's it been going. Sounds as spotty as us.

HL

Couple 30's for me Monday, bunch of teens and 20's yesterday and lots of smaller today...

Conditions changing daily, fish all over, just finding them while you're doin' it...

Small halis all over the bank, few lings as well.

Off for the weekend! whoot whoot!!

Couple days off next week and I want to leave town and do something new! And I'm gonna damn it. C.S. - call me!!!

Gimee the gaff!!!

quote:Originally posted by Osama Bin Hopper

Couple 30's for me Monday, bunch of teens and 20's yesterday and lots of smaller today...

Conditions changing daily, fish all over, just finding them while you're doin' it...

Couple days off next week and I want to leave town and do something new! And I'm gonna damn it. C.S. - call me!!!

Gimee the gaff!!!

Nootkas always an option, I still have to get the boat over there. Let me know. I know cs wanted to do something similar too a
while back

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by highlights

The FD , how you doing buddy?

It's been a while. Coming to town at all?

Thinking of doing a Renfrew trip in the next week or two.

How's it been going. Sounds as spotty as us.

HL
Hi Mark , kako si brat ( how are ya brotha )

a while, yes , when ya comin over for a fish and a shot or 2 of Sljvovica , (Croation Diesel ) , show me ur secret spots.. , lol ...

all's good man , is that an invite ;),,, you come visit us bro , all setup up now ready da rock , just planted the new trailer this past weekend , heading over on Tuesday for the week with the Misses, [:0].. I'll give ya a call , if i head south this summer..

cheers

FK

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Osama Bin Hopper

Gimee the gaff!!!

Great report Osama. Keep us up to date on your weekend adventures:)!

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Hey, heading to bamfield next week for some fishing, and i was wondering if anyone can help me.where is a good place to do some bottom fishing without going offshore.Any good places this time of year on the inside[?][?].I have never fished for halibut before,what is the prefered method .Any help or tips would be great.

poker face

quote:Originally posted by chopper

Hey, heading to bamfield next week for some fishing, and i was wondering if anyone can help me.where is a good place to do some bottom fishing without going offshore.Any good places this time of year on the inside[?][?].I have never fished for halibut before,what is the prefered method .Any help or tips would be great.

poker face
Stop @ a tackle store on the way-they'll sell you what you need and point you in the right direction.

Also-the SEARCH function here is slow but it does work-tonnes of information no need to piggyback on another thread.

hey, guys. I'm new to this forum, been fishing bamfield for many years. I have a seasonal site at the nook. going over on monday to open up the trailer. this will be the first trip of the season for me. was hoping to go fish the bank, if the weather cooperates. anybody got an up to date report?

also heard something about sockeye staging at pill? anybody catching the any of them?

inshore springs, what depth are they hitting at right now? hoochie? spoon?

thanks to anyone who replies, and I'll post my report when I get back.

p.s. to the guy who wants to fish hali inshore. sometimes you can get them just out from the green can. bouncing bottom with a hoochie ( like army truck). good luck:)

quote:Originally posted by Capt.T

hey, guys. I'm new to this forum, been fishing bamfield for many years. I have a seasonal site at the nook. going over on monday to open up the trailer. this will be the first trip of the season for me. was hoping to go fish the bank, if the weather cooperates. anybody got an up to date report?

also heard something about sockeye staging at pill? anybody catching the any of them?

inshore springs, what depth are they hitting at right now? hoochie? spoon?

thanks to anyone who replies, and I'll post my report when I get back.

p.s. to the guy who wants to fish hali inshore. sometimes you can get them just out from the green can. bouncing bottom with a hoochie ( like army truck). good luck:)

capt t, if you click on the search button im sure youll find everything you need to know! also, go back a few pages and youll find more info on this area recently!
best of luck

waddy

hey ladds, a good report coming here from two perspectives, went over sunday june 20th and started fishing monday morn at lighthouse bank out of ukee, did well and picked through a few smaller fish to limit on teens and a couple or 20ish, flat calm so headed to big bank for chickens and found them plenty in small range, then called it a day with a couple of crabs, next day did lighthouse in morn and had some nice fish on and lost a few, slower tuesday than monday but consistent, still nice waters, ended on bottom fish and headed home, Came home and picked up girl friend after processing fish and made the 5pm ferry and that was huge as there is construction btwn Ukee and PA (mercer bridge and this is a continous process so be WARNED)and the road closes for 6-8 hours, MADE IT BY 2 MINUTES< NO LIE. Went puking boating on the jiggers and had a crappy experience first day at wreck/rats nose and shallow spot, our boat only hooked 4 fish(4 hours of travel and 2.5 fishing) **** poor, decent seas and nice afternoon, since skunked> hooked up with Moonsnail, fat ***** with a bottle of rye and tunes and we partied 5 fish in a couple of hours all played by my GF, GREAT GUY recommened, partied rest of night and went out again on pukers and managed to sley,i hooked 20 fish friday of the boats 50 fish, all springs and we got our 14 passengers limited, one fish was 26#s, some passengers a lil too drunk too fish ,lol, headed home with our 8, freezers full and smokers getting reved

double glow, same thing i had after fi9shing with him one thursday afternoon, totally blitzed on rye and beer and santana singing in the background, much fun and sore KNUCKLES<< lol

For sure, fat ***** dan has always got lots of hootchies on his boat. In 2005 I met Dan on the dock, and we got to chatting and that led to "maybe we should go for a little troll at the Wall", so off we went. The first time I was on his boat he insisted that we each have our own hootchie. It seemed excessive to me, but having just met him and being out on his boat, who was I to question it. Well the good times rolled and we caught fish and had a blast and fat ***** dan was one of the most interesting dudes I met that summer. I haven't seen him in a couple of years so good to hear that he's still keeping the good times going.

Slow for us on the weekend. Lots of sockeye around, and a few shaker springs. I managed to lose 2 good fish and a number of socs. My partner brought one good soc into the boat. We were the only boat fishing the Wall for much of the weekend, and no wonder.

Fun to get out, and I am looking forward to the rest of the summer. Now it's time to start catching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back