2024 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Slow out there for me today . Went first light again and got a couple hatchy coho . Had one buzzer beater tanks hit the line . Popped the clip and took some crazy runs . Didn’t even get to see it but must of been too big to keep ;)
Creel surveyor said most people said it was slow but turned on around 10 am. Not for me . Tried for some ling as well. No dice . No birthday love so gonna drink some beer . May try one more time Friday before heading back to main land .
I heard the night bite has been decent

Last edited:
Quick morning fish and went 4 hatchery’s to 1 wild from 6:30 - 9 on spoons. Threw plugs down on each side for another hour and a half hoping for a spring but to no avail. Anyone having luck with the springs ?

Quick morning fish and went 4 hatchery’s to 1 wild from 6:30 - 9 on spoons. Threw plugs down on each side for another hour and a half hoping for a spring but to no avail. Anyone having luck with the springs ?
Got one this morning but released as it was just legal. 200’ white hootchie in 200’ of water

Anyone having any luck today ? Just 1 wild coho and quite a few sharks today for our effort. Things are certainly slower for me this weekend compared to last

1 hatch coho for me this am and about 5-6 wilds released. Very slow at Gerald Tried 45-230 feet. White hootchie on one side and everything else in my tackle box the other side. Only one shark.
My brother had similar reports the other day. Time to run to FC

1 hatch coho for me this am and about 5-6 wilds released. Very slow at Gerald Tried 45-230 feet. White hootchie on one side and everything else in my tackle box the other side. Only one shark.
My brother had similar reports the other day. Time to run to FC
Gerald has been producing well at first light. Boated a 78 white on a white 5" plug after only 10 minutes. Got pretty rough afterwards.

Back