2024 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Speaking of pinks...they are thick at 70' and up? Seems that way to me. I mistakenly thought that since last year was a big year for pinks, that this year would be the off year.

Was so humbled by yesterdays goings on snuck out at 1130 for another try. Like the Newfie I put on cap to oneside and within 3 minutes had a nice spring on. Played and released 5-all trolling-240 to 260 with a 602 3 inch plug. That was over the ebb and slack

Fished Kitty Coleman today 7:30 to 1pm 2 slot springs released a smaller one but was hoping for some coho, they seem to have disappeared

Well I have some intel that the fish are now out at, what is affectionally called the **** and balls (CNB for short) which is almost due north from Lambert Channel out by Ajax banks, that’s all the information I have, tight lines…

Attachments

• IMG_1583.jpeg
    IMG_1583.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Thanks for the second hand report! We fished green can quadra and the hump and didn’t see a spring netted. 7:30-1pm. I lost a small spring at the boat at the hump. 3 pinks at quadra. 1 coho following the spoon at the surface at the hump but we fished deep.

My bro had a small one and then said “oh I’m getting some head shakes”

Thinking C&B this after noon for maybe my dad’s last fishing trip, unless someone has a hot report?

IMG_2836.jpeg

Well I have some intel that the fish are now out at, what is affectionally called the **** and balls which is almost due north from Lambert Channel out by Ajax banks, that’s all the information I have, tight lines…
Got one 79cm and saw one other boated last night. Dad’s good friend was up from California so pushed dad to come out. Might be has last trip on the boat, 3 generations out fishing. Turned into glass.

Appreciate the tip.

Well I have some intel that the fish are now out at, what is affectionally called the **** and balls (CNB for short) which is almost due north from Lambert Channel out by Ajax banks, that’s all the information I have, tight lines…
Fished CNB this morning lots of fish down deeeeeep. 280 ft on the rigger. As Spring fever mentioned mostly white Chinook which is fine by me.

Yesterday at kitty it was dead early-0620 -some bait on the bottom-lots of dogs and some grey cod. Slooow-bite came on at 10 with the sudden arrival or movement in bait. Long line release on a real dandy- I am releasing mine but a buddy with me finished up with a really nice 78 cm white Spring which we caught on a double header. All 240-260-flash fly,copcar,602 3 inch plug. If you see a 602 floating out there- re-rig it and give thanks to the Dogfish Gods who gave it freedom. PMOFJ

Fished kitty the other late afternoon… LOTS of bait compared the last time I was there… released one 87ish (amazing battle, thought it might be a halibut as it just wanted to stay deep)…later caught a 78 red spring. Both on 602 plugs at around 230 on downrigger.

I was there today. Lots of action - several undersized, lost a couple good ones, and picked up a nice red spring, 79cms, North end of hornby

Anyone fished Lazo area or north end of Hornby today? Thinking of heading out that way in AM.
Not sure what qualifies as north end of Hornby? I was trolling the contours between Norris and Flora, and even east of Chrome, with a late evening bite that came on with high tide. My 12yr old daughter landed her first salmon herself...a modest pink...but she was overjoyed. Two good sized fish we couldn't get in the net (I think mid range coho perhaps) and several shakers and pinks.

Fished CNB yesterday afternoon. Still fish holding down deep 240/280 on the army truck and glow green gator, saw some boats fishing plugs with success too. Lots of bait as well.

I fished CNB/North Hornby yesterday morning. Winds were light NW. Tons of fish marks on the sounder. Caught two nice 15lb. Chinooks with 30 minutes of each other, then the bite was over. Both fish were caught on plugs. As a bonus there was a major humpback show going on nearby. A very good morning out!

Fished Kitty yesterday afternoon and got nothing but dog fish. I think about 9 in total, a new record! They where aggressive and kept biting the second we got our lines down. Maybe try again this week.

Kitty is very tough-the dogs are thick and aggressive and Springs are elusive. Did get one on yesterday but my partner managed to blow the fuse on the rigger. Since it was set to 15 ft below the actual depth we had to turn out to much deeper water. Had a rigger jumper from one to the other-got the power over and raised the rigger. Meanwhile the Spring was on longer than usual- this is what we got back--really a grind now--far from 2 weeks ago

Attachments

• fished release.jpg
    fished release.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 103
Back